Share This Forum!  

Old 03-15-2018, 09:49 AM   #13
Hurk
Favourite Food

I stopped reading the specs for bat length a little while ago ... In my head there's "short barrel" and "normal". There's countless companies that say it's 12" or 12.5" and they're the same. Others will say 13", 13.5", 14" and they're all the same.

I think they do this to try to make their bats seem different on paper than previous years, or their co-brand (Miken/Worth) etc.

I've gone through many of bats, as have most of the people here ... and if we line up all our bats - they are all the same or extremely similar length - short or normal.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:17 AM   #14
TheShoe
Post Ore

Agreed bud.

Now it makes sense I liked the Bal Freakshow. Same everything as the Worth Dedonatis so....

Give me long barrel Bal and i'll figure it out.
TheShoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 01:41 PM   #15
Hurk
Favourite Food

Originally Posted by TheShoe View Post
Agreed bud.

Now it makes sense I liked the Bal Freakshow. Same everything as the Worth Dedonatis so....

Give me long barrel Bal and i'll figure it out.
BigHurt said the FreakShow were different bats this year though... hoping that still remains true - not that last years were bad... just... let's be different like everyone else!
Old 03-15-2018, 02:28 PM   #16
TheShoe
Post Ore

Def not repaint of last year.

Softer barrel, more like a EST/2018 Legit feel to it for me.

Not swung much of the new Mikens so I wouldn't know what to compare it to, but can honestly say it is not the same bat as last year in the Balanced.

I've only hit the Bal on a few rounds. Sold off my 17 Bal 'show cause it didn't co-exist with the Worths well for me, wasn't getting loved.

The 18 'show seemed to, so you may very well see one added eventually.

Originally Posted by Hurk View Post
BigHurt said the FreakShow were different bats this year though... hoping that still remains true - not that last years were bad... just... let's be different like everyone else!
TheShoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:32 AM   #17
Da_Ruckus
Rookie

I have hit Miken/Worth before but just never got a good feel for them. This includes the Freak 30, DC41, Freak Black, Freak PT Freak 12...etc. Even last year's Freakshow didn't really appeal to me after hitting it. In recent years I have hit mostly Easton (st100h, old Syn2), Louisville (Z4000 Backman) and Mizuno (last year's Nighthawk). I remember taking a while to get used to each of those bats.

I hit the Freakshow at one of the HRS Demo nights and being pretty impressed with the pop and the feel. I was also thinking it may have had about 200+ hits on it already. I was prepped for a stiff feeling with lots of feedback and a long break-in time.

I decided to take a chance this year and picked up a 26oz Maxload yesterday at HRS - well now Kahunaverse. Took it out to the RBI Development Centre to get some cuts with it.

This bat felt great!, had the signature Miken sound, the ball was coming off hot, and it was smooth through the zone. Very little feedback, and also very forgiving. I know this was in the cage, but I can tell it is easily one of the best bats I have swung in a while.

I can't wait to get this outside to see how it hits. And if it only gets better the more I hit it....it's gonna be gross!

I think they have a winner with the Freakshow this year. Great performance, minimal break-in time, and it looks great....as long as you aren't scared of clowns.....

Great Job HRS/Kahunaverse and Miken!

2015 26.5oz LS Z4 Backman Shoppe Powerload
2016 26oz Easton Mako Torq Endloaded
LS Z4 Balanced Dual Stamp
2018 26oz Miken Freakshow Maxload
Da_Ruckus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 11:17 AM   #18
andjayik
Seasoned Vet

Nice, now u can put away the eastons and become a miken member!!
2018 Miken Freak Hybrid 27oz
andjayik is offline   Reply With Quote