Raffles Need to do some fundraising? Heres the spot

Share This Forum!  

Old 06-15-2007, 06:13 PM   #1
nas76
Seasoned Vet

Raffles

hey guys, lets get a timelimit on the raffles, after 2 great jak'd raffles that were more than fair, how about 2 weeks, or even 1 week? There have been too many raffles that seem to be dragging on for too long.
nas76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:53 PM   #2
milf19
Post Ore

Originally Posted by nas76 View Post
hey guys, lets get a timelimit on the raffles, after 2 great jak'd raffles that were more than fair, how about 2 weeks, or even 1 week? There have been too many raffles that seem to be dragging on for too long.
Settle down. The Jak'd is a hot bat right now and few people cann get them that's why they sell out quick. This issue has already been addressed in other posts under this section, and the administrators will let people know if its going to long(including 1 thread that u already posted your 2 cents in).
http://sportsfreaksonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=11544

Personally I only enter the raffles that are for good causes or a bat I want, so if people only have certain bats accesable to them it will take longer.

BTW you have only participated in the 2 Jak'd raffles which both sold out and were drawn within 24 hours, so what are you complaining about?
milf19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:05 PM   #3
nas76
Seasoned Vet

Thats not neccessarily true, i've participated in at least 4-5 raffles so far this spring/summer. I buy into them if I feel the raffle is for a good cause, and if the odds are acceptable. I don't enter raffles that are clearly trying to make a ridiculous amount of money for their teams or themselves.

Figure a bat costs $250 CDN taxes in at a retail store, a fair raffle should raise no more than $350 total in that case, so maybe 30 tickets at ~$11.50 per or in that range. Thats more than reasonable since the bats up for raffles are being bought or obtained for free or MUCH less than retail.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:06 PM   #4
vegas
-

which retail outlet do you know that sells top end bats at 250 Can tax included?
Other than dicontinued bats that are on special for 2-3 days

Last edited by vegas; 06-15-2007 at 08:08 PM.
vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:17 PM   #5
The Kurly One
Thunders Wingman..

stop complaining and actually buy a bat....

You're Insane!!! "I prefer the term, Visionary!!!

"I tried being patient....but it took too long"

"If I had any Dignity That would Have Been Humiliating"

you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was.
The Kurly One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:29 PM   #6
nas76
Seasoned Vet

actually i have bought many bats online, 1 from this site, you kurly just have a short temper and have problems answering questions like, does the bat come with a reciept? I had the money all ready in paypay and emt for you, but you chose not to take it. no worries, i got that very same bat anyway from someone else for less then 190 u offered me. all 6 of our team bats were purchased by me online for less than the prices listed on this site.

but since everyone on this site has a problem with me telling them of great deals on bats and how to get them, i'll keep the secrets to myself thanks. pm me for those who are interested in great deals on bats, which unfortunetly are rare on this site. and lets not bring up retail prices, no one here wants to here retail prices, thats why we are here. bats cost pennies to make, and are sold for 100000x their costs.

edavis has great deals, and so does kurly, but poor communications at times. oh well, i have nothing but love for ya kurly, keep raising money for your good cause!!! seriously, i mean it. maybe we can do business down the line.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:30 PM   #7
nas76
Seasoned Vet

Originally Posted by vegas View Post
which retail outlet do you know that sells top end bats at 250 Can tax included?
that was merely an example.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:30 PM   #8
milf19
Post Ore

Originally Posted by vegas View Post
Thats not neccessarily true, i've participated in at least 4-5 raffles so far this spring/summer. I buy into them if I feel the raffle is for a good cause, and if the odds are acceptable. I don't enter raffles that are clearly trying to make a ridiculous amount of money for their teams or themselves.

Figure a bat costs $250 CDN taxes in at a retail store, a fair raffle should raise no more than $350 total in that case, so maybe 30 tickets at ~$11.50 per or in that range. Thats more than reasonable since the bats up for raffles are being bought or obtained for free or MUCH less than retail.
Like Vegas stated u don't get good high end bats don't retail for $250. People are not allowed to do raffles for themselves, and $100 is nothing to a team whose league fee is $1000+. While I do agree some people are trying to make too much off a single raffle, but it all depends on what is involved in the raffle(1 Bat $100 profit, 2 bats $200). I myself ran a few big ones last year in conjuction with my league and tournaments which ended up taking a month, but the board was cool about it and i gave out 4 bats which all reatailed for $400+

Also i do agree with Kurly
Originally Posted by The Kurly One View Post
stop complaining and actually buy a bat....
you've put your 2 cents in about raffles many times, if people don't hear you once their not gonna hear u if u keep bugging them. If you think there should be new rules added to the raffles section, pm an administrator about it.
milf19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:00 PM   #9
vegas
-

Excuse me but you are the one that said bats cost 250 retail tax in
since you know where the deals are, can you tell me where I can find a high end bat at that price. Yes i am seriously asking. I'm looking for an NRG MAX 28oz and maybe a Mutant, an AV, a JH98 or a juggy.
Thanks
Old 06-15-2007, 09:09 PM   #10
puppy
stroke the puppy

OH OH You pissed off vegas.... Don't you know canadian fans are crazy. I'd sleep with my eyes open at night now.

Disclaimer: The post you are reading and any attachments are intended only for the use of the intended SFO 'board bro" slo pitch player recipient(s), are confidential, and may not be used by any organization or individual representing any Slo Pitch organization. Any other use of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please move on and find some else's day to ruin.
puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:17 PM   #11
nas76
Seasoned Vet

lol, sorry vegas, your rudeness has excluded you from the trade secrets.

my point is simple, this site is a great idea, in keeping with the spirit of it, lets keep the deals and raffles reasonable.

i especially like the idea of raffles, and judging from all the raffles in the psat year, it is clear which work and which don't.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:27 PM   #12
vegas
-

my rudeness??????????????

your the one with the deals. so now's the time to help everyone else.
I'm sure everyone wants to know where you pick up your top end bats for 250 tax in.

nows the tiime to put out, I'm sure everyone is eager to know. This is your thread so lets do it. And I am really searios