Off Topic Banter Anything unrelated to softball. Come and yak it up.

Share This Forum!  

Old 07-30-2006, 11:12 AM   #1
kc1
Rookie

Place For Hockey Equipment?

My son (age 6) is starting hockey this fall and I'm looking for advice on equipment. Does the expensive equipment protect him any better than the cheaper stuff? Where does everyone get their equipment? And is there a board similiar to this one for hockey?

I'm a bit concerned about the, um, "competitiveness", of the kids and parents I saw at some of the games. Compared to my son's T-ball games, it's such a different attitude. I just hope I don't become one of those hockey parents.

TIA,
KC
kc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 08:22 PM   #2
JROCK
Rookie

I wouldnt worry about the seriousness, it will be a bunch of bees around a beehive when it comes to the kids following the puck, the parents on the other hand well, as you know some think there kids are the next Sidney Crosby, dont worry about them. As for equipment i had my kid wearing really bulky padded shoulder pads but i changed them to thinner cause i found most the hurt was in the tail bone from falling rather than shoulders, plus it improved his stick handling cause he had a better range of motion with thinnner shoulder pads, just have good elbow pads.
Bowmanville Longhorns #88
JROCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 08:24 PM   #3
JROCK
Rookie

Also second hand equipment, save yourself ALOT of money, play it again sports you can get nearly new stuff for cheap!!!
Bowmanville Longhorns #88
JROCK is offline   Reply With Quote