blueoveryou
Vinci Rep

2018 Easton Bubba Club Review SP18BUB

Model: 2018 Easton Fire Flex Bubba Club 10″ USSSA Slowpitch Softball Bat
Weight: 27oz (1.5oz endload)

Previous Gamers:
2016 Worth JH Lite SBL2JL 26.5oz
2013 Louisville Z2000 SB13ZE 27oz

I realized that I like short barrels when I got my Jeff hall lite. Before my OG Z2k, I had a Demarini flyswatter that is also a 12" barrel, but I didn't understand bats well enough to make that connection.

So when I saw that Easton released a 10" barrel with the new Fireflex tech that everyone has been raving about, I had to give it a chance. I picked it up in Hamilton Friday night, peeled off the wrapper, and swung it in my coed playoffs the next morning.

First swing one hopped the 270' fence in LF, second swing one hopped the 300' fence in CF. These distances were just short of my gamer jh lite, so not bad for never bping with it and no break in.

So there are 2 crazy differences between this bat and my others:
1. the 10" barrel
2. the 1.5oz endload

Weighting

I did find that the bat swung a tad heavier than my 26.5 jh, but not so much as my 27.5 jh. However, the super short barrel and the big endload let the bat fly through the zone with ease. I would never swing any long barrel 1oz endloads because it felt too laborious, but this bat was a very natural transition from a 12.5" barrel and 0.5oz endload.

Ppl on SBF would all say to go up an ounce when buying this. I think that if you swing a long barrel endload, then you can go up an ounce, but for me, 26.5 to 27oz is just right.

Feedback

When you hit the ball on the sweetspot, the swing would feel effortless and the endload would really carry the bat through the ball. I did hit near the taper a few times, and you could really tell you missed it. Feedback is A+ for me.
I have never hit it on the screws with a full swing yet, but I think that will take at least 1 BP session to figure out.

Control

I was able to easily go pull/middle/oppo when I got the appropriate pitch, so control was not a factor. I did realize that as I got into games 3 and 4 of the day, I would be late trying to turn on high inside pitches. I suspect that this will improve with some BP.

Summary

Overall, great bat. I will update when I get some bp on it and post some video.
When nothing seems to help, I go and look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before.

-Jacob Riis

Vinci Player Rep - PM for info
Custom Vinci Sample Pics
Detailed Optimus Review

Last edited by blueoveryou; 09-29-2018 at 10:23 PM.
blueoveryou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 10:19 PM   #2
blueoveryou
Vinci Rep

Update #1 - Oct 7 2018

Took it out for my first outdoor BP. Bat has about 20 swings on it at this point. Weather is cloudy, about 15 degrees and a slight wind blowing in from LF

First time hitting some harder balls as the bag is mostly hot dots, but a few gray and an occasional gold dot mixed in. I know the bat is not really meant for harder balls, but when you missed the sweetspot with one of those, boy did you know it. I had a lot of mishits, and didn't really get anything close to the fence. (315 LF, 350 centre).

I also noticed that I got tired much more quickly with the bubba club, and my swing would get very long and slow by the end of each round.

Overall, still excited to see how much this bat opens up. I've hit 300 ft with it in games with less than 20 swings on the bat, so I know that it can perform, just a question of how consistent can I be with it. I am planning to work hard this off season so that I can swing this monster without losing bat speed, so if I fail to get strong enough to swing this at max bat speed, I will be picking up a Fire N Ice

Update #2

Took 20 swings with it in BP, kept missing the sweetspot. near the taper. I thought I was just getting my bat head out late, so I tried to focus on getting that bat out earlier, but same result. Took 10 more swings, and decided to focus on trying to hit the endcap (lol), and I finally started getting the sweetspot consistently.
When nothing seems to help, I go and look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before.

-Jacob Riis

Custom Vinci Sample Pics
Detailed Optimus Review

Last edited by blueoveryou; 10-10-2018 at 03:22 PM.
Old 09-30-2018, 01:43 AM   #3
robokill
Rookie

Thanks for the review, I hit way too many taper shots already to swing this though
robokill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 11:36 PM   #4
blueoveryou
Vinci Rep

bump for update #1 (2nd post above)

-Jacob Riis

Custom Vinci Sample Pics
Detailed Optimus Review