Share This Forum!  

Old 11-02-2017, 06:57 PM   #13
Taylor14
Seasoned Vet

Originally Posted by TMAC68 View Post
We shall see! SOme teams from B said they were coming up no matter what! let's see what happens.
I have heard now don't quote me but Unleashed, Elite, Bisons will all maake the jump and Pylons/Popatop haven't heard anything.
Indians #16
Taylor14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 10:26 AM   #14
TMAC68
Attn Ore!

Originally Posted by Taylor14 View Post
I have heard now don't quote me but Unleashed, Elite, Bisons will all maake the jump and Pylons/Popatop haven't heard anything.
Bisons not going up...

Sales@integritysportswear.ca
https://www.facebook.com/IntegritySportswear/
TMAC68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 11:06 AM   #15
bigroddy
Goderator

Of course he goes and quotes you...what a jerk.
bigroddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 12:26 PM   #16
PBREEZY13
onlythatrealsh!t

I can confirm that windsor elite will be playing in the A division this upcoming season.
PBREEZY13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 12:40 PM   #17
dougiefresh
Post Ore

Same top 4 teams for the last 5-6 years of A over and over. Playing in a way more competitive B division is fun.

Why play Super series if you're not A? Really? There is more to slopitch, like having fun and playing with your friends in a still competitive B divison. I played A for years, could still, but I will be looking to play B with the goal being to win and have fun. Not to get a "A" beside my name.
dougiefresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 01:43 PM   #18
www.GameOnMobile.ca
Seasoned Vet

Is that fair to lower teams in B that the same teams who basically made almost every sunday get to stay around, and do the same thing again next year? If there was an A+ or Major division would the Os get to stay in A?

As a player and coach who has always put fun and friends first, that is definitely not what I meant Dougie. I just don't understand teams that have been on the up and up for years, play the same division until they wipe the table, get bumped, move up again and then refuse to play A and either disband, or stay in the division they just cleaned house in. This makes it hard on the lower teams in the division.

You said it, you want to play B and have fun and WIN. So your goal is to win B and move up correct?

I never said no point in playing SS if youre not playing A, I said your goal should be to get better and move up. I played SS for many years in lower divisons to play with people I like and I'm fortunate this is still the case in A.

I'm not saying SPO is wrong for not auto bumping the teams, I'm just trying to understand why a young team who has constantly gotten better(every team on that list) wouldn't be thrilled with the idea of playing in the best division. And don't say they can't compete, GOM never finished higher then 4th in any division ever in 7 years and here we are in A, competing.

Last edited by www.GameOnMobile.ca; 11-03-2017 at 02:02 PM.
www.GameOnMobile.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 05:12 PM   #19
Hebes
Rookie

I vote teams have rankings beginning of season play 4 merged events per year all abc... then each div have 3 separate events for their division. Set up point system rewarding beating higher ranked team stagger fee. C would pay 100 less than A as ex to enter shared event....

Two shared events elims then late August make mandatory to get super series prize money..

Just off hop quick idea..as example..
Give 100 points beating c team 200 for b 300 for a as ex.
Hebes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 05:28 PM   #20
Taylor14
Seasoned Vet

I came up with a slightly different concept then what Hebes has. Merge A/B for the first 3 events, top 4 teams from previous season are seeded and bracket style similar to conference in the states. After 3 events whoever is top 10 plays A bottom plays B. Every year B teams enter elims and have a good showing. Sure the odd blow out game but not many, so why not do a similar conference style to seperate the better teams.
Indians #16
Taylor14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 07:35 PM   #21
Hebes
Rookie

That could work also, you would have to ensure it's financially better to be 10th in A as opposed to first in B..
Hebes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:19 PM   #22
Wes Vickery
Seasoned Vet

Originally Posted by dougiefresh View Post
Same top 4 teams for the last 5-6 years of A over and over. Playing in a way more competitive B division is fun.

Why play Super series if you're not A? Really? There is more to slopitch, like having fun and playing with your friends in a still competitive B divison. I played A for years, could still, but I will be looking to play B with the goal being to win and have fun. Not to get a "A" beside my name.
I actually had this conversation with Beadle the other day. After playing SS for a lot of years, if you think about it other then A what do you get out of it? Playing with your friends and having fun I totally agree with. But you could do that closer to home. SS is meant for the CC birth. So really travelling all that way and paying for the weekend really isn't worth it unless you are playing A and have a chance at winning a birth.