Share This Forum!  

Old 06-04-2018, 09:57 AM   #25
TMAC68
Attn Ore!

Originally Posted by pdw2001 View Post
ok...Im getting sucked in again with the Easton hype and am wondering how people are finding these now that a few weeks have gone by in your respective leagues?
I got suckered last year with Easton and got a Baker and Helmer and only found the Baker to be somewhat "hot" but still nothing compared to the Worth/Miken stuff....

Im not asking if the bats are GOOD... but do they compare to the Worth/Miken stuff that dominates most leagues?
On par if not slightly better. However; I think there are about 10 bats this year that are great so you’re likely not missing a ton; but they are a welcome change to typical Easton!

Sales@integritysportswear.ca
https://www.facebook.com/IntegritySportswear/
TMAC68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:07 AM   #26
kvander
Heavy Hitter

I've recently done some outdoor BP with 52s to try to compare an EL Fireflex, Assault G5, and OG White DC; and more recently hit the new Powerdome and Helmer X. Here were my feelings:

Fireflex vs G5 - Both with about 200 hits. I had an Easton power sensor to compare bat speed. I had consistently higher bat speed with the Assault, but the Fireflex was out-hitting it by a significant margin.

Fireflex vs OG DC (500+ hits) - Fireflex had better results for me. This DC had been my gamer for the last 3 years, and I sold it the next day. Maybe I just wasn't in a groove with the DC or something, but the FF made me put down everything else.

Helmer X - I had to hit this off a tee, so tougher to compare. There was a point around 40 or 50 hits where it felt like it really opened up. Sounds just like the FF, and feels like the performance will be there too.

In my first BP session with the FF, I hit a ball the furthest I can ever remember. I'm not a heavy hitter, so maybe the FF plays well for guys with slower bat speed. It definitely has more flex and a softer feel than Miken/Worth bats. My brother, who hit all these bats with me and has a pretty slow swing, calls it the "cheater bat".
Old 06-04-2018, 11:35 AM   #27
Dave.C
Free Agent

Originally Posted by kvander View Post
I've recently done some outdoor BP with 52s to try to compare an EL Fireflex, Assault G5, and OG White DC; and more recently hit the new Powerdome and Helmer X. Here were my feelings:

Fireflex vs G5 - Both with about 200 hits. I had an Easton power sensor to compare bat speed. I had consistently higher bat speed with the Assault, but the Fireflex was out-hitting it by a significant margin.

Fireflex vs OG DC (500+ hits) - Fireflex had better results for me. This DC had been my gamer for the last 3 years, and I sold it the next day. Maybe I just wasn't in a groove with the DC or something, but the FF made me put down everything else.

Helmer X - I had to hit this off a tee, so tougher to compare. There was a point around 40 or 50 hits where it felt like it really opened up. Sounds just like the FF, and feels like the performance will be there too.

In my first BP session with the FF, I hit a ball the furthest I can ever remember. I'm not a heavy hitter, so maybe the FF plays well for guys with slower bat speed. It definitely has more flex and a softer feel than Miken/Worth bats. My brother, who hit all these bats with me and has a pretty slow swing, calls it the "cheater bat".
It is not just for slower bat speeds. Eastons have a different feel from Worth/Miken and it just works better for some people.

27oz ST100
Dave.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:58 AM   #28
andjayik
Seasoned Vet

Has anyone tried the helmer blue line?
2017 Freak 30 27oz
2018 Miken Freak Hybrid 27oz
andjayik is offline   Reply With Quote