Share This Forum!  

Old 11-02-2017, 11:00 AM   #1
TacoTime
Seasoned Vet

2018 Crush

White is balanced and black is end load!!! More info to come!

instagram - @mizunobaseballcanada
fb - www.facebook.com/MizunoCanadaDiamond

http://mizunocustom.com/
http://www.mizunocda.com/slowpitch
TacoTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 01:22 PM   #2
TheShoe
Post Ore

Siiiiiiick!

Can't wait to try it out at Softball Gym...

This Sunday?
TheShoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 01:27 PM   #3
kvander
Heavy Hitter

kvander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:46 PM   #4
TacoTime
Seasoned Vet

Originally Posted by TheShoe View Post
Siiiiiiick!

Can't wait to try it out at Softball Gym...

This Sunday?
Not that soon hahaha but sooooon

Old 11-03-2017, 11:39 AM   #5
pdw2001
Seasoned Vet

are these actual short barrels or is it just the angle of the pic?
Old 11-03-2017, 12:56 PM   #6
Geezer000
Seasoned Vet

Originally Posted by pdw2001 View Post
12inch barrels on both

In Bat Bag:

27oz Crush Bal
26oz Crush EL
Geezer000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 01:33 PM   #7
TacoTime
Seasoned Vet

Originally Posted by pdw2001 View Post

Old 11-15-2017, 11:14 AM   #8
TheShoe
Post Ore

What's the spec with these?

New material and tech or just same goodness of the NH line in a small barrel package?
Old 11-15-2017, 11:21 AM   #9
CircleL
Seasoned Vet

Cant wait to hear how these "Crush" the ball!

Love me some short barrel action!
Gloveworks 1B 13.25"
27oz 17' Freak30
60oz Bratt Bat
CircleL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 12:09 PM   #10
TheShoe
Post Ore

Had the pleasure of test driving the 2018 Crush last night with some Mizuno staff & players.

Big shout out to TacoTime, Mizuno and Playball Academy Canada for the fine evening and hosting.

Great facility and space for winter training. Rumour has it there will be some Slo Pitch BP nights coming up there being organized and I strongly advise contacting them for details if you are in the Cambridge/KW area itching for winter swings. Nice roomy facility and fun to swing in. Enjoyed the night and practice a lot.

The bat is something completely new and different. Shorter barrel than the previous Nighthawks for sure. Spec says 12" - Which is accurate for hitting surface, but the taper to handle seems a little longer than some other 12" barrel bats by a little bit. Visually to me it reminded me more of 12.5-13" set up and I took to the balanced model the most.

Slightly mid-loaded feel like Balanced 17 Hawk for me, perfect. The End Load model had a nice substantial End Load like last year's Hawk in my opinion.

Very stiff handle matched with a barrel that seemed to get a nice softer feel very quickly as the night went on. Tested 275 out of wrap and dropped down to 250 pretty quickly with a few rounds into each. Signs of a hot bat with a quick work in process. My kind of twig.

The feel was very nice, good blend of soft barrel and stiff handle and a nice pop on the ball. Every time I jumped back in for a round, the bat seemed hotter and better. Just kept getting better and better the more we hit it.

Whipped great through the swing and "zone" - Felt I had a good flip through impact with this one.

Surprisingly very forgiving barrel for its size. Big sweet spot for its size. Whatever tech they carried over from fast pitch for this one is proven. Certainly not a dime sized sweet spot like other 12" I can think of without dropping names... I expected to have poor consistency as usual with 12" - Typically nice hot hits and really cold mishits - But instead I found consistency like I've come to expect with my 14" big sweet spot bats. Interesting, makes me want to revisit this bat again soon and compare more.

Had a nice crack to it that seemed a bit louder than what I was used to with Mizuno in the past, while not having an obnoxiously loud ping or glassy sound, it actually had a sound that echo'd a bit in the facility when we pure'd it. Always nice to have an audible crack with a nice hit. In comparison I found the 17 Hawks quiet in that department.

Grips seemed to be the same as the 2017 Hawk - Which is a good thing IMO.

The look of these is a winner. Love the Orange and it's great to have the Crush name back around. Should be a hit for Mizuno in 2018. The bat is a different beast altogether but it's packed with performance we expect with the continuations of the Nighthawk Slowpitch lines.

Side note: There was a sample 13" Pro Select H-Web Softball Pattern glove kicking around as a demo. Didn't realize I never got a pic. Damn sweet piece of leather that I hope sees production. Quality and a proper size for the 12" ball. And it was sexy as hell in the black and brown.

Last edited by TheShoe; 11-29-2017 at 12:43 PM.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:17 PM   #11
bdemarco
Rookie

Excellent review. Looking forward to swinging this in the future if I come across it.
bdemarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 01:46 PM   #12
TacoTime
Seasoned Vet

Thanks for the review! This is the 4th year in a row we have changed our bats. So make sure you come out and try them. They are different than our previous models. Demo schedule coming soon or DM menif you want to test drive

Originally Posted by TheShoe View Post
Had the pleasure of test driving the 2018 Crush last night with some Mizuno staff & players.

Big shout out to TacoTime, Mizuno and Playball Academy Canada for the fine evening and hosting.

Great facility and space for winter training. Rumour has it there will be some Slo Pitch BP nights coming up there being organized and I strongly advise contacting them for details if you are in the Cambridge/KW area itching for winter swings. Nice roomy facility and fun to swing in. Enjoyed the night and practice a lot.

The bat is something completely new and different. Shorter barrel than the previous Nighthawks for sure. Spec says 12" - Which is accurate for hitting surface, but the taper to handle seems a little longer than some other 12" barrel bats by a little bit. Visually to me it reminded me more of 12.5-13" set up and I took to the balanced model the most.

Slightly mid-loaded feel like Balanced 17 Hawk for me, perfect. The End Load model had a nice substantial End Load like last year's Hawk in my opinion.

Very stiff handle matched with a barrel that seemed to get a nice softer feel very quickly as the night went on. Tested 275 out of wrap and dropped down to 250 pretty quickly with a few rounds into each. Signs of a hot bat with a quick work in process. My kind of twig.

The feel was very nice, good blend of soft barrel and stiff handle and a nice pop on the ball. Every time I jumped back in for a round, the bat seemed hotter and better. Just kept getting better and better the more we hit it.

Whipped great through the swing and "zone" - Felt I had a good flip through impact with this one.

Surprisingly very forgiving barrel for its size. Big sweet spot for its size. Whatever tech they carried over from fast pitch for this one is proven. Certainly not a dime sized sweet spot like other 12" I can think of without dropping names... I expected to have poor consistency as usual with 12" - Typically nice hot hits and really cold mishits - But instead I found consistency like I've come to expect with my 14" big sweet spot bats. Interesting, makes me want to revisit this bat again soon and compare more.

Had a nice crack to it that seemed a bit louder than what I was used to with Mizuno in the past, while not having an obnoxiously loud ping or glassy sound, it actually had a sound that echo'd a bit in the facility when we pure'd it. Always nice to have an audible crack with a nice hit. In comparison I found the 17 Hawks quiet in that department.

Grips seemed to be the same as the 2017 Hawk - Which is a good thing IMO.

The look of these is a winner. Love the Orange and it's great to have the Crush name back around. Should be a hit for Mizuno in 2018. The bat is a different beast altogether but it's packed with performance we expect with the continuations of the Nighthawk Slowpitch lines.

Side note: There was a sample 13" Pro Select H-Web Softball Pattern glove kicking around as a demo. Didn't realize I never got a pic. Damn sweet piece of leather that I hope sees production. Quality and a proper size for the 12" ball. And it was sexy as hell in the black and brown.