Softball Discussion Everything to do with softball

Share This Forum!  

Old 07-07-2008, 09:23 AM   #1
TnT
Sox Addict

Men Swinging the Jak'd in Co-ed REC

This weekend we played in Rick's co-ed 1 day in Markham. Our 1st game was against a team that decided that it was ok for their men to swing the Jak'd. I personally have a problem with this, hear me out and then i love to hear what you all think.

The Jak'd in the hands of the wrong person can be a very dangerous bat. All it takes is one wrong move and an infielder could be dead. IMO at the REC co-ed level, only the ladies should be swinging it, and after talking to some C and B level male players yesterday, they agreed with me.

I knew a few of the guys on the team we played, so after the game I went over and spoke to one of them and asked them to let the coach and team know that perhaps they shouldn't be swinging it (the men) because other teams they may face later in the day may not appreciate it. The coach should have known that anyway, common courtesy, but whatever, some times coaches just don't know. Anyway, the player I spoke with told the owner of the bat (who by the way wasn't swinging it, he knows better) and he then told the team as it's his bat only the ladies were to swing it for the rest of the day.

Well the guys didn't listen and towards the end of the day they played one of my friend's teams and with 3 girls playing IF (1st, 2nd and 3RD), guy goes up, lines it hard and fast at my friend playing 1st (who has only played ball since last summer) and she barely has time to react, the line drive almost hit her. Not Cool.

Thoughts? Again, this was REC division.
TnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:27 AM   #2
GOOGLES
GOOGLZ12

Good post.....I honestly believe that in co ed rec there is no need for men to swing the Jak'd. We are there to compete yes, but mostly to have fun and it is no fun seeing someone get hurt unneccessarily!

Just my humble one eyed opinion no less.....

27oz OG Z2000 x4
26oz OG Z2000
27oz SuperZ KK x2
27oz SuperZ Dual Stamp
GOOGLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:28 AM   #3
TMAC68
Attn Ore!

Not cool at all! But again, there will always be those guys that want to be heros and look all kool and such. Fine, its not illegal, but use a little common sense ppl, pull yer head outta yer ass and try not to kill ppl!

Sales@integritysportswear.ca
https://www.facebook.com/IntegritySportswear/
TMAC68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:29 AM   #4
TnT
Sox Addict

Originally Posted by TMLFNATK View Post
Good post.....I honestly believe that in co ed rec there is no need for men to swing the Jak'd. We are there to compete yes, but mostly to have fun and it is no fun seeing someone get hurt unneccessarily!

Just my humble one eyed opinion no less.....
yup, well said. It was great to meet you this weekend btw!
Old 07-07-2008, 09:29 AM   #5
Jayson #13
Yankee Fan

There is no way any male should be swinging that bat in co-ed. If the players will not monitor themselves, then the tournament directors need to. Ban the jak'd for men in co-ed. Easy. Done. I am surprised that this even happened.

Last night in mens, I was asked toput it away. I respected the pitchers concern and did not swing it.

Sandbaggers: Because for some the pride in Winning is greater than the pride of BELONGING!!!
Jayson #13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:30 AM   #6
TnT
Sox Addict

Originally Posted by tjmackay View Post
Not cool at all! But again, there will always be those guys that want to be heros and look all kool and such. Fine, its not illegal, but use a little common sense ppl, pull yer head outta yer ass and try not to kill ppl!
if my friend hadn't reacted she may be in the hospital right now.....shes a decent player, but again only since last summer....she was little rattled to say the least.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:30 AM   #7
GOOGLES
GOOGLZ12

Originally Posted by TnT View Post
yup, well said. It was great to meet you this weekend btw!
You too and I look forward to coming out and playing with you again. The wifey is looking forward to it as well. Told her what a great group of people you were and how she wants to come play too.

27oz OG Z2000 x4
26oz OG Z2000
27oz SuperZ KK x2
27oz SuperZ Dual Stamp
GOOGLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:31 AM   #8
TMAC68
Attn Ore!

I know they have the deal with NSA but I seriously think this could be over turned, there are a ton of leagues out there that arent allowing it. Not too many ppl swing it in our league here in hammertown but the ones that do dont hit the ball that much harder then we do with the enhanced...

Old 07-07-2008, 09:31 AM   #9
TnT
Sox Addict

Originally Posted by Jayson #13 View Post
There is no way any male should be swinging that bat in co-ed. If the players will not monitor themselves, then the tournament directors need to. Ban the jak'd for men in co-ed. Easy. Done. I am surprised that this even happened.

Last night in mens, I was asked toput it away. I respected the pitchers concern and did not swing it.
Which was a very classy move Jay.....and that was MENS ball, so you shoulda have been able to swing it...... Best part was you go back up with something else and hit one out of the park lol
Old 07-07-2008, 09:32 AM   #10
TnT
Sox Addict

Originally Posted by TMLFNATK View Post
You too and I look forward to coming out and playing with you again. The wifey is looking forward to it as well. Told her what a great group of people you were and how she wants to come play too.
Awesome!!!!
Old 07-07-2008, 09:32 AM   #11
TnT
Sox Addict

Originally Posted by tjmackay View Post
I know they have the deal with NSA but I seriously think this could be over turned, there are a ton of leagues out there that arent allowing it. Not too many ppl swing it in our league here in hammertown but the ones that do dont hit the ball that much harder then we do with the enhanced...
my monday league is going to ban it....spoke with the convenor last night.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:33 AM   #12
TMAC68
Attn Ore!

Originally Posted by TnT View Post
my monday league is going to ban it....spoke with the convenor last night.
yep! not surprised...