Web Site Suggestions Anything that can make the site better

Share This Forum!  

Old 03-20-2018, 09:35 AM   #1
Hurk
Favourite Food

Cool Photo hosting

I understand this would cost the site, but one of the reasons I believe this site is getting slower and slower is the lack of sales, and I believe it's because it's harder to post photos.

I'd be all for some sort of yearly subscription thing that would help the site, in order to be able to just attach photos. Like a "Premium Member" and I'm sure you could think of some other perks.

Thoughts?

(slow day at work)
Old 03-20-2018, 09:37 AM   #2
TMAC68
Attn Ore!

Originally Posted by Hurk View Post
I understand this would cost the site, but one of the reasons I believe this site is getting slower and slower is the lack of sales, and I believe it's because it's harder to post photos.

I'd be all for some sort of yearly subscription thing that would help the site, in order to be able to just attach photos. Like a "Premium Member" and I'm sure you could think of some other perks.

Thoughts?

(slow day at work)
If the sales are slowing because it is harder to post pics, then we have bigger issues

Sales@integritysportswear.ca
https://www.facebook.com/IntegritySportswear/
TMAC68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 10:13 AM   #3
adidascanada
$5 + ham sandwich!

Just use google photos. Ensure the pictured is "shareable" and then link the pictures. Done
adidascanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 12:04 PM   #4
steve-o
Seasoned Vet

I find imgur very easy to use. Easier than photobuck ever was. Or maybe I've become smarter? However, my recent life decisions does not prove this to be true.. 😳
Cornwall Rockies #69
steve-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:35 PM   #5
CircleL
Seasoned Vet

I have to admit i can post pics on SBF and on Toronto Golf Nuts but I cant post here.

I have no idea what i'm doing wrong. I could post here without problem before using Photobucket.
Gloveworks 1B 13.25"
27oz 17' Freak30
27oz 17' Freakshow Maxload
29oz Super Freak (4sale)
60oz Bratt Bat
CircleL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 03:13 PM   #6
Hurk
Favourite Food

ALL I'm saying is I'd "donate" to the site to have that feature. I use IMGUR now, and it's fine - but I personally first post to Facebook.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:16 PM   #7
Felks32

I often wondered what the cost/effort would be to update the version of the forum software to something more modern (maybe like what SBF is using) and the additional hosting requirements for storage, etc.
Felks32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 03:22 PM   #8
kvander
Seasoned Vet

I'm guessing this site doesn't generate the user and add revenue to justify an increased cost like that. Especially with all of the free hosting options out there. Link to google photos, imgur, etc. SBF has 10x the population base, and a retail site to justify any incremental cost of hosting images.

Even that site has seen huge declines, and it has nothing to do with hosting pics, and everything to do with Facebook.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:49 PM   #9
Hurk
Favourite Food

Originally Posted by kvander View Post
I'm guessing this site doesn't generate the user and add revenue to justify an increased cost like that. Especially with all of the free hosting options out there. Link to google photos, imgur, etc. SBF has 10x the population base, and a retail site to justify any incremental cost of hosting images.

Even that site has seen huge declines, and it has nothing to do with hosting pics, and everything to do with Facebook.
Totally, it's unfortunate. Like I said, I post to Facebook because it's easier - and I'm sure others do as well. I'd rather post here, help my fellow community out, but I'm not always behind a computer to cut and paste photo links... it's easier to just take a pic, attach, write description and bammo, it's posted.

I'm just saying I'd pay to be able to do that, to support the site, to *maybe* help with traffic.