View Full Version : What Do You Think??

NorthernPF
04-11-2005, 04:19 PM
Who makes the all-around BEST ASA BAT???

NorthernPF
04-11-2005, 04:22 PM
I personally think that Miken makes the Best one out there with the Freak 100

milf19
04-11-2005, 05:39 PM
I personally think that Miken makes the Best one out there with the Freak 100

That's a toughy. I've had my Synergy 2 the longest and its a rocket. Everyone on my tema loves it, but then again I just started swinging my PST and will be getting my freak soon so we'll see if i change my mind.

tlby13
04-11-2005, 05:46 PM
If you're asking from top to bottom line bat by a company, I'd say Worth. Their best in the PST is amongst the best there is (from what I hear, haven't tried mine yet!) and then you have their insanities and wicked's down to the EST's which in my eyes are amongst the best in classic bats out there. But then look at the picture of my bat collection, and you'd see where my devotion lies. :D

I might have mis-read the question though, but since I've only tried the worth line so far (except for my F2 which I'm quickly growing a lust for), I'll still go with worth.

adam
04-11-2005, 06:47 PM
Everyone raves about the Freak, I've swung it once and I'm sure it's a great bat.....but if I can still hit the ball 300+ feet with my Syn2 and it's just warming up....why mess with a good thing???

fish 24
04-11-2005, 07:00 PM
Everyone raves about the Freak, I've swung it once and I'm sure it's a great bat.....but if I can still hit the ball 300+ feet with my Syn2 and it's just warming up....why mess with a good thing???

Because if you can hit a Syn 2 300+ then you can hit the freak 350+

:bit-clap:

adam
04-11-2005, 07:21 PM
is there really that big a difference?? I always figured that the difference would be around 10-15 feet or so......

Deuce
04-12-2005, 09:14 AM
Have to say so far this year i am really impressed with the F2's can't wait to try the ASA EVO's...should have them this week!

edavis
04-12-2005, 09:24 AM
the performance is night and day for me personally.

I can hit the freak far better than i can hit the S2. Others i play with say the opposite, just depends on whos swinging it.

Deuce
04-12-2005, 10:44 AM
the performance is night and day for me personally.

I can hit the freak far better than i can hit the S2. Others i play with say the opposite, just depends on whos swinging it.
I think you could get good cuts off a 2 by 4 Evan!!! I personally like the syn2 better then the freak and i have no use at all for a PST....garbage in my books.

Popeye
04-12-2005, 10:09 PM
I think you could get good cuts off a 2 by 4 Evan!!! I personally like the syn2 better then the freak and i have no use at all for a PST....garbage in my books.

I'll take any PST over the Tin cans they call F2 :thumbsdn2 . But i guess if you can't hit for power then the F2 should be ok. I have both a Freak and Syn 2. I would say they are very close IMO. The best thing about them is they are tanks. They will last along time and crush the ball from start to finish.

Deuce
04-12-2005, 11:03 PM
I'll take any PST over the Tin cans they call F2 :thumbsdn2 . But i guess if you can't hit for power then the F2 should be ok. I have both a Freak and Syn 2. I would say they are very close IMO. The best thing about them is they are tanks. They will last along time and crush the ball from start to finish.
Not really sure i understand this....hit for power, what does that have to do with anything....a good bat is a good bat...and you should be able to hit over 300 feet with any bat. If you need a PST, freak or syn2 to do it there is a problem. I said i don't like PST's that is a personal opinon...to be honest i haven't liked any worth since the original ws23....just don't like the small sweet spots and the way they swing....and as far as tin cans go i saw a brand new PSt denT on the first swing out of the wrapper....indoors, and i got 10 witness' too....do you call that durable???

Popeye
04-12-2005, 11:09 PM
Not really sure i understand this....hit for power, what does that have to do with anything....a good bat is a good bat...and you should be able to hit over 300 feet with any bat. If you need a PST, freak or syn2 to do it there is a problem. I said i don't like PST's that is a personal opinon...to be honest i haven't liked any worth since the original ws23....just don't like the small sweet spots and the way they swing....and as far as tin cans go i saw a brand new PSt denT on the first swing out of the wrapper....indoors, and i got 10 witness' too....do you call that durable???

Let me guess.....the taper dented on the first swing. That tells me the person swinging it needs to learn how to swing a PST first. What don't you understand. If you don't have enough power in your swing then the bat(F2) will be fine. If you have a powerfull swing the F2 will fold like a tin can.

Deuce
04-12-2005, 11:53 PM
Power is the word i don't understand....what is power....speed is power, muscle is power...what are you defining with this word....are you saying if you hit the ball hard...line drives, grounders or homeruns, then it dents....period??? I know lot's of guys that hit hard line drives, ball comes off the bat harder then most homeruns but they are not homerun hitters...we will have to see how they hold up this year. I find all high end bats durability is suspect....Syn 2 is holding up great so far....after 1 year but the manufacturer wants these bats to be no good after 1 year so we have to buy another one....after all this is wear they make their money.....just like cars they are all the same.

KMKjr
04-13-2005, 08:53 PM
Hopefully me new ASA Evo!!

Too freaking cold down here yet to take a chance on breaking her in!