View Full Version : Question for the Z-Nation

vegas
05-18-2012, 12:15 PM
Hi Guys, picked up an ASA Z, last month
At first I thought it was an ok bat and most of the players took a crack at it but after a first run at the cages it never really got used in games

this week one of the boys in a slump decided to give it a shot

He hit a line-drive missle, but it made a really weird shotgun sound. At first we thought he had cracked it

then last night another guy picked it up and same result same sound

It had never made that sound before

Is it damaged? might he have broken the connection? or is that the normal sound? bat is basucally new

LMk

bigroddy
05-18-2012, 12:19 PM
Hi Guys, picked up an ASA Z, last month
At first I thought it was an ok bat and most of the players took a crack at it but after a first run at the cages it never really got used in games

this week one of the boys in a slump decided to give it a shot

He hit a line-drive missle, but it made a really weird shotgun sound. At first we thought he had cracked it

then last night another guy picked it up and same result same sound

It had never made that sound before

Is it damaged? might he have broken the connection? or is that the normal sound? bat is basucally new

LMk

Welcome back to the boards.

TING TING!

vegas
05-18-2012, 12:21 PM
Welcome back to the boards.

TING TING!

now answer the questions

Deuce
05-18-2012, 12:23 PM
TING TING is the answer

Snatch18
05-18-2012, 12:24 PM
now answer the questions

more like welcome to z-nation, thats a normal sound bro. Buddy just hit the sweet spot!

vegas
05-18-2012, 12:26 PM
more like welcome to z-nation, thats a normal sound bro. Buddy just hit the sweet spot!

I hope so cause that sound was really weird never heard it and we've used several 2 piece bats in the past

Some guys hit it on the screws in the batting cages and it never did that sounds

to give a better description of the sound it sounded like a car crash, metal hitting on metal. I found it really strange

it was definately not a ting ting

bigroddy
05-18-2012, 12:28 PM
I hope so cause that sound was really weird never heard it and we've used several 2 piece bats in the past

Some guys hit it on the screws in the batting cages and it never did that sounds

to give a better description of the sound it sounded like a car crash, metal hitting on metal. I found it really strange

Do a search on bubz's posts...he put up a pic of whats inside the asa z that causes that awful racket.

Phillips
05-18-2012, 12:28 PM
that is how all my ASA Z's have sounded and I have had 4 in total

Snatch18
05-18-2012, 12:30 PM

theres a little weight in there that hits the walls of the bat once contact is made

http://www.slugger.com/technology/z1000-s1id-12.html

ZR27
05-18-2012, 12:38 PM
the Z-2000 must have a silencer built in
it was a tighter sounding ting... not like the current ASA TINGGGGGGGGGGG!!! :D

vegas
05-18-2012, 12:58 PM
the Z-2000 must have a silencer built in
it was a tighter sounding ting... not like the current ASA TINGGGGGGGGGGG!!! :D

definately wasn't a TINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
more of a SHALACKKKKKKKKK*@%^&!!$

bigroddy
05-18-2012, 02:03 PM
definately wasn't a TINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
more of a SHALACKKKKKKKKK*@%^&!!$

Maybe that's the french equivalent? :stir

jay_rod
05-18-2012, 02:22 PM
Maybe that's the french equivalent? :stir
haha... bazinga

powerhound
05-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Mine made this sound for the first time last tuesday as well, guy on my team threw one up to himself and it didn't ting at all, just a schwachhhhhh and the ball flew like never before off that bat. Maybe the bat is breaking in and this is normal but i'll be handling mine with kid gloves until I make sure it's alright.