View Full Version : ***Looking for MASHERS that own a ZZZZZ***

damnlukeman
03-15-2012, 07:50 PM
I am curious to know from the big boys out there that break a lot of bats,

MASHERS that own a Z, how many hits do you have on them?

I know Chudder has said he broke like 12 bats last year, well what is your take on the ZZZZ

If you don't regularly hit the ball 300' with other bats then need not post :D

freddiepee
03-15-2012, 07:54 PM
I'm not a masher by any means but I break about three bats a season, different manufacturers. I have 3 Z's, used all 3 in the dome on Sundays, got passed around lots and not so much as a scratch on them yet.

damnlukeman
03-15-2012, 07:55 PM
I'm not a masher by any means but I break about three bats a season, different manufacturers. I have 3 Z's, used all 3 in the dome on Sundays, got passed around lots and not so much as a scratch on them yet.
all hot dots tho right?

YT!
03-15-2012, 07:56 PM

I also am not a masher......but some of the guys I let swing my Z are mashers and mine is going strong, no marks or anything.

Strict climate control before I swing though......I dont want the cold to break my bats.

YT!

damnlukeman
03-15-2012, 07:56 PM
also which bats are u breaking?

freddiepee
03-15-2012, 07:57 PM
And evils, there's a few rocks kickin around once in a while. They are not the normal evils though.

damnlukeman
03-15-2012, 07:58 PM
And evils, there's a few rocks kickin around once in a while. They are not the normal evils though.
ya the evils at the dome are the same as hot dots

freddiepee
03-15-2012, 07:59 PM
Combats, Worth and Miken, older and newer ones. A WSE Ressy lasted maybe 100-150 hits.

lightsout85
03-15-2012, 08:05 PM
I like to think I can mash a little...

My Z-1000 survived a ton of bp in August-Sept, a few tournaments, and half a season of fall ball where alot of people on my team were also swinging it, plus some time in the Dome in Burlington , balls were a mix of evils, reebok's, worth gold dots, grey dots etc.

It gave out after probably 700-800 swings, started to show a surface crack after 50 swings, only got hotter after that.

This past year I broke a 0 serial numbered psycho in under 600 swings, and a Easton SCN16 in around 1200+ swings, so all things being equally, the Z held up pretty well.

TMAC68
03-15-2012, 08:17 PM
I like to think I can mash a little...

My Z-1000 survived a ton of bp in August-Sept, a few tournaments, and half a season of fall ball where alot of people on my team were also swinging it, plus some time in the Dome in Burlington , balls were a mix of evils, reebok's, worth gold dots, grey dots etc.

It gave out after probably 700-800 swings, started to show a surface crack after 50 swings, only got hotter after that.

This past year I broke a 0 serial numbered psycho in under 600 swings, and a Easton SCN16 in around 1200+ swings, so all things being equally, the Z held up pretty well.

A little??? lol...yah...a little...I'd say more then a "little"

The Z does hold up more then fine, providing its not "broken in" in the cold and using rocks...it will split just like a combat or mizuno would. U do have to be more careful with a Z BUT treated right, it will last more then enuf.

Gucci_17
03-15-2012, 08:27 PM
Both the 2 Utrip Zeee'S I had last year, I was able to get around 750 out of the 1st one, and my 2nd Broke just over 1000 cuts or so, if anything, these numbers are higher.

You have had a bit of bad luck man. Not sayinh you did, but don't swing them under 15 with hard balls.

albbak
03-15-2012, 08:31 PM
I'm not a masher and mine broke around 300 hits, so it just might be a bad batch. I was also hitting around 13-15 degrees.

Captain Crunch
03-15-2012, 08:42 PM
My Z has around 1000 hits on it , half by mashers , n half by me lol .... Still going strong with a paint crack

Tiny27
03-15-2012, 08:43 PM
My Z has around 1000 hits on it , half by mashers , n half by me lol .... Still going strong with a paint crack

ive seen a better swing on my front porch, get outta here :stir

Gucci_17
03-15-2012, 08:44 PM

PROUD MEMBER OF E NATION

How Original

Captain Crunch
03-15-2012, 09:01 PM

Ive seen thicker legs on a coffee table ! take off eh !!! :rolleyes:

Tiny27
03-15-2012, 09:45 PM
PROUD MEMBER OF E NATION

How Original
haha im just playin along with "the nation" games is all thumbs-yes
Ive seen thicker legs on a coffee table ! take off eh !!! :rolleyes:

well atleast ya didnt call me a hoser :rolleyes:

Gucci_17
03-15-2012, 10:14 PM
haha im just playin along with "the nation" games is all thumbs-yes

well atleast ya didnt call me a hoser :rolleyes:

But we really are a Nation :bit-wallb:bit-wallb:bit-wallb

Caese
03-15-2012, 10:31 PM
Luke, I'm not sure what balls your hitting but maybe save the Z for the softer balls or the 20+ days.

If you expect this bat to last 1000 swings hitting rocks...ain't gonna happen. Maybe for some, but I wouldn't expect it to be the norm

This year Im carrying two NRGs for harder balls and Zs for softer balls/warmer days.

bluejay7
03-15-2012, 11:16 PM
Nolti swings Zees

damnlukeman
03-16-2012, 12:06 AM
Luke, I'm not sure what balls your hitting but maybe save the Z for the softer balls or the 20+ days.

If you expect this bat to last 1000 swings hitting rocks...ain't gonna happen. Maybe for some, but I wouldn't expect it to be the norm

This year Im carrying two NRGs for harder balls and Zs for softer balls/warmer days.
I'd be happy with 500, and hitting mostly gold and grey dots, a few wickeds, a couple randoms, and one mush ball just for fun :D

I usually have always swung miken in the past and been hitting in 5 degree sometimes and no problems, so I am just not used to this.

I have never seen a bat change so many people over so fast that's stayed legal, if it is passing standards then why is it such a crazy hot stick?

Didn't this happen with the Lady Virus, the Voltage, ultra's, etc...?

Is no one worried about that happening???

Rip_It
03-16-2012, 01:28 AM
I'd be happy with 500, and hitting mostly gold and grey dots, a few wickeds, a couple randoms, and one mush ball just for fun :D

I usually have always swung miken in the past and been hitting in 5 degree sometimes and no problems, so I am just not used to this.

I have never seen a bat change so many people over so fast that's stayed legal, if it is passing standards then why is it such a crazy hot stick?

I wouldn't be worried...it's definitely not Lady Virus or Ultra hot. I personally haven't seen much of a difference performance wise between the Z and other top U-trip or asa sticks when it comes to hard balls (Anyone will agree that a flex will out-hit an ASA Z).

If you're hitting harder balls, I'd probably go the Combat route and do about 50 cuts, then use it strictly as a gamer. After blowing through a ton of bats (and multiple texts from Lexx lol), you start to realize that hitting harder balls (Wickeds, stadium balls, and even gold dots) might not be the best bet. Grab yourself a bunch of hot dots and BP your Z or Combats with those IMO. Save the hard balls for eastons, mikens and Worth...they seem to take longer to break in. And since these balls are becoming "the norm" now, might as well get used to hitting them!

Sorry if I rambled a bit...its bed time!

ZR27
03-16-2012, 05:45 AM
Lol.. Billy billy... Although the flexxy is a great stick, it only caught steam once the og freak and syn2 were grandfathered :)

Now super OLD SKOOL technology aside...

My main reason for supporting any hype thread for a specific brand is the brand evolution..
Here's some examples.
Easton: og flex/ext, to SCN8's/helmer power, to reveals, to speeds.. Big big turnaround
TPS: genesis, to catty, to triton, to zee's
Same deal, look how the above have become successful..

Cany deny the fact that these 2 suffered POOR sales and loss of users in certain years, one of them nearly falling off the canadian slow pitch map.. But still try their best to keep their customers happy.. There are bats now, that people actually like from these companies.. One that takes less bp, and one that makes them potentially jump onto a nation :)

One thing you never see me do is say its clear and away the #1 bat... Its a bat that works for me and what I need it to do (ie. like rip a ball thru chudders chest :D).. U know me, I love a whole array of bats from different brands

But 1 thing ill admit.. Gotta love the machine, the original logo, colour schemes, apparel and how can you not love the original propane tank sound of the bat!

TPS is back, jack! :cool:

cheex
03-16-2012, 08:21 AM
Dont know if i's a masher or not but i do hit 300' with many bats so i guess i qualify?

I have 150 cuts on my Z1000 USSSA and most have been in temps around 12 degrees with a mix of ASA balls. holding up great no marks at all (which is kinda odd i must say, not even a scuff) i am going to wait till +15 temp to swing more in light of recent posts.

bluejay7
03-16-2012, 09:00 AM
I also hit on Tuesday outdoors and had no problems with my Zee.

I will post the video to twitter hopefully tonight...Not a great video, but decent.
Google mapped a couple balls in the 350-360 range. Was impressed for new out of wrapper.
The ground wasnt the greatest to hit on, as moisture came to the surface as time went on. Wish I wore old shoes as opposed to a nicer pair.

To add on what lexx said, everyone has their own personal favourite bat. I can't force you to swing a bat, but I can at least say, "try this one" and hope you like it. With that said, there are all kinds of guys that may prefer a certain feel or weighting of bat that just makes them comfortable, which at the end of the day is the most important thing stepping into the box. being confident and comfortable are my top issues when hitting. if you are not, then you won't succeed. For me, the Z1000 gives me all the confidence I need. Billy you can keep your flexes ;) More Zee's for me that way :D

Chudder
03-16-2012, 09:08 AM
I know Chudder has said he broke like 12 bats last year, well what is your take on the ZZZZ

1st off.... far from a masher bud.... but thanks...

I did break something like 12 bats last year, but I also hit somewhere between 300-800 balls a week..

Most guys have all ready said in this thread what Im about too... I personally can not hit COMbats, Demarini, TPS because they break WAY too fast...

the Cartel broke in under 200 swings temps were all above 20deg....

ASA Z-1000 - UNDER 100 swings, temps were around 15deg...

Utrip Z-1000 - 300ish swings temps around that 20deg

Averice around 100 swings indoors in a controlled climate

do all of the above bats get the job done and are compairable to anything out there on the market?? Id give a reluctant yes answer....

But when bats like the Worth 454's or the Miken OG DC or OG Psycho are close to as good outta the wrapper and open up to be hotter than the above bats, why bother with the frail bats?? I can get WELL over 1,000 swings on these sticks vs. 100-300 on the others....

Eastons, and the Miken NXT do get up there as well, but there is a period of about 1,000 or so swings where they are not that fun to hit because they are still opening up and all though BP is about working on things, you wanna hit it at the same time.... BUT if you have the paitence to stick with it they are good sticks...

1 thing I keep reading on here that I dont agree with is people saying go buy "X Bat" get your 200 hits on it and make it your gamer.... then go buy an easton or a miken to hit BP with... Having a bat in your hand should be all about the feel of the bat, knowing the sweet spot, not thinking and just performing... why on earth would you want to constantly hit an Easton that is nothing like "Bat X"... and then pick up the other bat in a game????

IMO, if you are a "bat breaker"... go buy a Miken, Worth or Easton... plain and simple.... I know I personally get caught up in the hype of new bats, go buy them, fall in love, and then break them and Im out $200.... at the end of the day, Im still swinging a DC Psycho....

hope I could help....

Caese
03-16-2012, 09:09 AM

We'll have to wait and see what happens...but if the 11' never got banned and is apparently hotter than the 12 I dont think it's going anywhere.

As for you'd be happy if it could hit a variety of balls...it was designed espically for the softer balls. It'd be like buying a two door car and being mad that it doesn't seat as many people as a mini-van.

I love my Mikens for the reasons you've listed above, but when the softer ball/warm weather comes its not the same as the Z. Just have to temper your expectations.

bluejay7
03-16-2012, 09:30 AM
1st off.... far from a masher bud.... but thanks...

I did break something like 12 bats last year, but I also hit somewhere between 300-800 balls a week..

Most guys have all ready said in this thread what Im about too... I personally can not hit COMbats, Demarini, TPS because they break WAY too fast...

the Cartel broke in under 200 swings temps were all above 20deg....

ASA Z-1000 - UNDER 100 swings, temps were around 15deg...

Utrip Z-1000 - 300ish swings temps around that 20deg

Averice around 100 swings indoors in a controlled climate

do all of the above bats get the job done and are compairable to anything out there on the market?? Id give a reluctant yes answer....

But when bats like the Worth 454's or the Miken OG DC or OG Psycho are close to as good outta the wrapper and open up to be hotter than the above bats, why bother with the frail bats?? I can get WELL over 1,000 swings on these sticks vs. 100-300 on the others....

Eastons, and the Miken NXT do get up there as well, but there is a period of about 1,000 or so swings where they are not that fun to hit because they are still opening up and all though BP is about working on things, you wanna hit it at the same time.... BUT if you have the paitence to stick with it they are good sticks...

1 thing I keep reading on here that I dont agree with is people saying go buy "X Bat" get your 200 hits on it and make it your gamer.... then go buy an easton or a miken to hit BP with... Having a bat in your hand should be all about the feel of the bat, knowing the sweet spot, not thinking and just performing... why on earth would you want to constantly hit an Easton that is nothing like "Bat X"... and then pick up the other bat in a game????

IMO, if you are a "bat breaker"... go buy a Miken, Worth or Easton... plain and simple.... I know I personally get caught up in the hype of new bats, go buy them, fall in love, and then break them and Im out $200.... at the end of the day, Im still swinging a DC Psycho....

hope I could help....

100% agree brother.

Why swing a bat in BP 100's or 1000's of times and then go switch to another bat and swing it maybe 16 times a weekend??? You will not have success because you are so used to the BP bat. If the bats aren't identical, then you are only fooling yourself. Pick one bat, and stick with it.