View Full Version : Will the Ultras ever be defeated?

gibson_x
03-16-2005, 11:15 AM
Will anyone actually make a bat, say within the next 20 years, that will have better performance that the Ultras? I'm not so sure. Look at the Toloso Maximus. They made a bat with absolutely no intent of having any kind of restrictions, charged $600USd for this thing, and still fell short.

I'm sure 10 years from now someone would have the technology to make such a beast, but with all the restrictions that are put in place nowadays, would they even bother to put it out since it won’t be legal anywhere?

Chug48
03-16-2005, 11:18 AM
I would have to say the Easton Titanium bat that was out long before the Ultra was perhaps better? And you can't dent the damn things!! They turned a division 4 team with ZERO homerun hitters into a team that maxed out there 7 every single game, until we caught the bad work doen on it and tossed it out fo rbeing illegal of course. they then went ot the Miken and still were not as consistent as they were with the titanium.

Take Care

Deuce
03-16-2005, 11:29 AM
Easton ti -core was great i had one...i don't think anyone would even try to make a bat that hot...and as far as using them, can only do it in money tournys. Nothing pisses me off more then seeing someone using them in a money mixed 3-pitch tourny. I mean if you need that bat to win something is wrong. They are dangerous. It is cheating!!! Look at the hell Barry Bonds and the others are getting for using performance enhancing "equippment" should be the same here! Why use them, paint them different etc...they are banned for a reason....so my answer is no....no one will ever WANT to make a "better" bat!

gibson_x
03-16-2005, 11:37 AM
Took the titaniums in consideration, some ppl say they're better, some say they're not, some say they're about the same. I've never swung one myself, so I can't really say. But from what I've seen most people that say titanium is better are basing their opinion on it being a better bat overall counting durability, however few say that the titaniums smoke the ultras performance-wise.

KMKjr
03-16-2005, 11:38 AM
They will be defeated and already have (the 120's, titaniums and Toloso), but they will never be legal unless they move the bases and fences back.

fish 24
03-16-2005, 01:09 PM
They will be defeated and already have (the 120's, titaniums and Toloso), but they will never be legal unless they move the bases and fences back.

even if they move the fences back it is not going to stop the ball from being a laser through the infield so saftey will never allow the bats to get better

monkeyspanker55
03-16-2005, 01:33 PM
not now no sense in making a bat that no one can use
they rather make a bat and sell loads of them more money thAT way
safty is definatly a issue
i hit the ultra and if can put em out regularly then wow never hit a titanium so i cant compare

KMKjr
03-16-2005, 04:04 PM
even if they move the fences back it is not going to stop the ball from being a laser through the infield so saftey will never allow the bats to get better
That's why I mentioned moving the bases back too.....but that will kill slo-pitch, or at least the fat guys who play it....lol

Icatchn
03-16-2005, 05:05 PM
I have hit every titanuim but the Tps

the ultra is better!! bigger sweetspot and hits the ball with more impact..

My opinion the only reason the ultra was banned and ultra 2 is money!!

to be honest if we could use them would we buy any other bats? ASA worked with Miken to make the ultra 2 then they Ban it I am betting ASA was paid by bigger companies to Ban the ultra...

that is my 2 cents

Deuce
03-17-2005, 09:52 AM
Not just banned in ASA though.

ricer03
03-21-2005, 11:10 PM
don't forget when the TI bats were being used ,,, good ole RED dot balls were what they were hitting,,,,, heck any bat would could hit a SUPER Red dot,

I think that the ULTRA's will be king for a long time... :notworthy

NT23
05-01-2005, 10:50 PM
Nothing compares to the Easton Typhoon. The Ultras were hot but I've swung nothing like the Typhoon...mind you, the "Hellions" that made their way to us for BP this past weekend were pretty hot. The few who swung them ranked them right up there with the Ultra until they broke. Weren't too durable but they were prototypes after all. All 3 that we could swing broke. The U-trip version was certainly hotter than the ASA one...and best of all...they're Made in Canada!!
Let's see if it ever hits the market.

Whoo Hoo

adam
05-01-2005, 11:29 PM
hey Neil, i've never heard of this bat......who makes it??

NT23
05-01-2005, 11:38 PM
hey Neil, i've never heard of this bat......who makes it??

"LTM" I believe is the maunufacturer's name. Not quite sure. No graphics or letters on these particular bats as of yet. Glossy black with a white sticker just above the tape with an ASA or USSSA test code written on them.
I was told that if or when they are released they will be called "The Hellion".
Had both an end load and balanced load on hand this weekend.
I'm supposed to get one in the next couple of weeks to try out for a longer period of time.

Whoo Hoo