View Full Version : Event #6 Draw

bigroddy
08-08-2011, 09:40 AM
Looks like there isn't going to be one...likely due to most of the SPO staff being at SPC for Canadians.

So who do you think we'll see for some first round matchups?

YT!
08-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Looks like there isn't going to be one...likely due to most of the SPO staff being at SPC for Canadians.

So who do you think we'll see for some first round matchups?

Here's my guess............

WSB vs Shockers
Braves vs PitBulls
Rockies vs RU Kidding Me

:stir

YT!

Bubz
08-08-2011, 10:16 AM
How about an over/under on teams?? I'll put the line at 18.

Freak88
08-08-2011, 10:17 AM
How about an over/under on teams?? I'll put the line at 18.

Under, 14 if your lucky

bigroddy
08-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Under, 14 if your lucky

I said 15 to 18 this morning...so I'm going under as well.

dougiefresh
08-08-2011, 10:32 AM
So are we expecting the schedule around 4pm?

Bubz
08-08-2011, 10:35 AM
Here's my guess............

Braves vs PitBulls

:stir

YT!
Pitbulls are out for this one. ;)

dougiefresh
08-08-2011, 10:36 AM
Answers my own question. The site now says tonight or early Tuesday

YT!
08-08-2011, 10:37 AM

Oh yeah, I heard that.

WSB vs Shockers
Braves vs Rockies

YT!

Freak88
08-08-2011, 10:38 AM

If they r out was this a planned miss when the yeat started or a miss to avoid a bump next year :stir

bigroddy
08-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Oh yeah, I heard that.

YT!

They can't even get 10 guys together eh? I knew some of them were playing NSA Co-ed...but that's too bad.

Bubz
08-08-2011, 10:42 AM
If they r out was this a planned miss when the yeat started or a miss to avoid a bump next year :stir

They can't even get 10 guys together eh? I knew some of them were playing NSA Co-ed...but that's too bad.

I think they could've got 10 since they roll 15-16 deep every tourney it seems but I think in the back of their minds they don't want the bump either. I don't think they're ready for B just yet and could use another year or 2 in C to get ready. They definitely need a couple (if not more) big sticks if they're going up to B.

They started as mostly a coed team to begin with so I think they planned to do NSA's all along this year. They have a decent set of chicks so they've always had alot of succes playing coed.

YT!
08-08-2011, 10:45 AM

Arent both in London?

Im sure they weighed every possible way to get the 5 point (minimum) and stay in the hunt. Im sure if they were throwing away points to avoid the bump (they still have a few teams to pass to be considered for B) they wouldnt have entered the last event either and played Worlds........just my opinion I havent spoken with any of them.

YT!

Bubz
08-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Arent both in London?

Im sure they weighed every possible way to get the 5 point (minimum) and stay in the hunt. Im sure if they were throwing away points to avoid the bump (they still have a few teams to pass to be considered for B) they wouldnt have entered the last event either and played Worlds........just my opinion I havent spoken with any of them.

YT!
Good points YT and makes absolute sense.

I'm not sure what they're thinking then!!! LOL

okeman
08-08-2011, 11:38 AM
Not sure what other teams got going on but the titans are playing ball Sunday !

YT!
08-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Not sure what other teams got going on but the titans are playing ball Sunday !

Is it going to rain Saturday? LOL

Just kidding, good luck on the weekend Chris......I hope you guys do make Sunday

YT!

okeman
08-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Is it going to rain Saturday? LOL

Just kidding, good luck on the weekend Chris......I hope you guys do make Sunday

YT!

Wow funny guy hey. Squad is full this weekend should be about time we muck it up a bit.

BTW I think of a come back one day. Lol

dougiefresh
08-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Wow funny guy hey. Squad is full this weekend should be about time we muck it up a bit.

BTW I think of a come back one day. Lol

Almost a full squad.

Young Buck Nation
08-08-2011, 12:54 PM
where is this event??

bacon1374
08-08-2011, 01:05 PM
SPC. And we have a full squad again!

Young Buck Nation
08-08-2011, 01:13 PM

Never asked how many guys u have.. Juast asked where it was..

TMAC68
08-08-2011, 01:16 PM

Never asked how many guys u have.. Juast asked where it was..

u guys have a pitcher that can play?!?!?! BWHHAHHAHA...jk...

I wasnt at last event but heard all about it....:)

bacon1374
08-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Lmao. Too funny. But yes we have a pitcher who can play! Plus the other 4 starters that were missing!

TMAC68
08-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Lmao. Too funny. But yes we have a pitcher who can play! Plus the other 4 starters that were missing!

hahahahahaha!!! Just bustin yer balls big guy...

I wont see ya again till provies as I am in kelowna this weekend for a family weddin...:(

Bubz
08-08-2011, 02:17 PM
**** bud why dont you just quit!! 2 events so far????????

BRUTAL and you have no kids. You're done when the wife starts popping that's for sure. :stir

Stack
08-08-2011, 02:27 PM

BRUTAL and you have no kids. You're done when the wife starts popping that's for sure. :stir

I agree with this 100%:bit-clap:

TMAC68
08-08-2011, 02:35 PM

I agree with this 100%:bit-clap:

Bad year for me for sure, the best part however is I have a solid team that I won't step out on and they accepted that I have a busy summer and yes, they knew all this before event 1...So u sir, can suck it!

How about u guys not get double dipped again and Stack...aren't u in B now?

Bigshawn
08-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Do sour grapes only grow in Hamilton? **** it's like an all girls school when you guys start. Stir the pot icon here

TMAC68
08-08-2011, 02:40 PM
Do sour grapes only grow in Hamilton? **** it's like an all girls school when guys start. Stir the pot icon here

nah, bubz is just a sissy sometimes and when he has a bad day at the office (IE. has to work) he takes it out on others...I dont mind, he is as harmless as most of the homeless ppl that hang out at the end of his street in glorious lower hamilton!

:D

Bubz
08-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Bad year for me for sure, the best part however is I have a solid team that I won't step out on and they accepted that I have a busy summer and yes, they knew all this before event 1...So u sir, can suck it!

Weren't you suppose to play last year with somebody and only showed up once? I could be wrong on that one though.

Didn't you guys get double dipped as well?

Just a couple questions I thought I'd throw out there. ;)

Stack
08-08-2011, 02:59 PM

Ya but its been a while since i was in a cat fight.:tongue:

TMAC68
08-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Weren't you suppose to play last year with somebody and only showed up once? I could be wrong on that one though.

Didn't you guys get double dipped as well?

Just a couple questions I thought I'd throw out there. ;)

yes, same deal tho, commited to only 2 events! :)

and yes, we did get dipped...u win this round!

bigroddy
08-08-2011, 03:36 PM
yes, same deal tho, commited to only 2 events! :)

and yes, we did get dipped...u win this round!

The difference is...we actually WON an event...not got handed the W thanks to a little rain. :stir

Haha...see ya saturday Bubzy!

scott
08-08-2011, 04:05 PM
The difference is...we actually WON an event...not got handed the W thanks to a little rain. :stir

http://www.slopitch.info/superseries/2011ssstandings.htm

Just in case you forgot.....

Bubz
08-08-2011, 04:06 PM

LOL Look at you guys now eh? Show up for 2/6 and think you're the best!!! :stir

Yes see you Saturday!! :tongue:

I seen Scotty chimed in here too, don't get him going or else you'll be in trouble!!!! LOL

TMAC68
08-08-2011, 04:12 PM

easy to do with a B team in C....

;)

YT!
08-08-2011, 04:19 PM

;)

When I joined, the rank dropped back to C :)

YT!

HAMZ17
08-08-2011, 04:29 PM
I think they could've got 10 since they roll 15-16 deep every tourney it seems but I think in the back of their minds they don't want the bump either. I don't think they're ready for B just yet and could use another year or 2 in C to get ready. They definitely need a couple (if not more) big sticks if they're going up to B.

They started as mostly a coed team to begin with so I think they planned to do NSA's all along this year. They have a decent set of chicks so they've always had alot of succes playing coed.

Arent both in London?

YT!

i thought SPO took into consideration the amount of events entered vs points earned when deciding on bumping teams?

Rook
08-08-2011, 04:48 PM

;)

than whats your guys excuse if its so easy? :D

aircorey
08-08-2011, 05:32 PM

Has nothing to do with not wanting to be bumped to B next year, we could only get 9 guys with the coach playing in this one. We have a full 20 on our roster, 7 of which are at NSA coed provies, 1 Quit, 1 in Jamaica, 3 have never came out and we couldn't convince them to help us for this event. We tried and planned to have a squad out to get at least a 5pt minimum, but it fell through.

Beginning of the year we had planned to play SPN Coed Provies + NSA Worlds. Because we were in the hunt for the standing (unexpected) we opted to skip worlds and have the 7 starters miss event 6 and do NSA Coed instead of SPN so we could play SPO Mens Provies. This was in hopes of still having a 10 man roster at SS :thumbsdn2.

I do agree we are not ready for B, first year in C and we lack power hitters, but alot of the guys wanted the bump, including our Pickup for next year. If it happens it happens, otherwise, another year in C with the majority of the same squad is the best for us, IMO.

Oh and next year we have opted for full commitment to Mens, as we couldn't really screw the women over mid season this year.

Bubz
08-08-2011, 05:34 PM
I do agree we are not ready for B, first year in C and we lack power hitters, but alot of the guys wanted the bump, including our Pickup for next year. If it happens it happens, otherwise, another year in C with the majority of the same squad is the best for us, IMO.

Oh and next year we have opted for full commitment to Mens, as we couldn't really screw the women over mid season this year.

Who's the pick up???????????????

aircorey
08-08-2011, 05:36 PM
That's top secret, lol.
He has asked that it be kept on the DL for now.

bigroddy
08-08-2011, 05:38 PM
LOL Look at you guys now eh? Show up for 2/6 and think you're the best!!! :stir

Yes see you Saturday!! :tongue:

I seen Scotty chimed in here too, don't get him going or else you'll be in trouble!!!! LOL

Where did I say we were the best? Just said we won an event... :stir

The Braves are clearly the class of the division this year (when they have a full squad out)...so I think that title goes to them...

Rip_It
08-08-2011, 05:42 PM
I missed shockers pot stirring comments, lol

bigroddy
08-08-2011, 05:42 PM
than whats your guys excuse if its so easy? :D

That we suck?

Bubz
08-08-2011, 05:45 PM
That's top secret, lol.
Brother of somebody on the team!! ;)
Where did I say we were the best? Just said we won an event... :stir

The Braves are clearly the class of the division this year (when they have a full squad out)...so I think that title goes to them...
You stink!!

I missed shockers pot stirring comments, lol
The thread isn't that long ya lazy *****. Go do some reading!!!!!

bigroddy
08-08-2011, 05:46 PM

You stink!!

Yeah...c'mon billy...we even tried not to use big words so you'd understand

JLaw
08-08-2011, 06:10 PM
That's top secret, lol.

FYI, it isn't being kept much of a secret.lol

I won't post it here though.

You guys have had a great year and he'll definitely help you next year.

TMAC68
08-08-2011, 06:37 PM
FYI, it isn't being kept much of a secret.lol

I won't post it here though.

You guys have had a great year and he'll definitely help you next year.

Hell even I know and ppl dont tell me anything!

I agree btw, strong addition.

Rip_It
08-08-2011, 11:53 PM

You stink!!

Yeah...c'mon billy...we even tried not to use big words so you'd understand

I didn't miss them as in not see them... I missed them because it always creates entertainment on these boards. Donkeys.

Bigcathill
08-09-2011, 12:09 AM
Hell even I know and ppl dont tell me anything!

I agree btw, strong addition.

Pm me, I don't know yet......

scott
08-09-2011, 10:51 AM
Just keep him away from luggage carts and you'll be okay.....

TMAC68
08-09-2011, 11:03 AM
I didn't miss them as in not see them... I missed them because it always creates entertainment on these boards. Donkeys.

for the record, I knew what ya meant pal! :D

BIRDMAN
08-09-2011, 11:55 AM
Just keep him away from luggage carts and you'll be okay.....

Whyte ain't going anywhere

Whytey77
08-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Wow!!!!!!!!!!

TMAC68
08-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Wow!!!!!!!!!!

shaddup ya big dummy!!!

Whytey77
08-09-2011, 01:40 PM
Seriously, turned into a forum bout me! Get back to your season fellas and next year is a different story! And yes I love beer

TMAC68
08-09-2011, 01:41 PM
Seriously, turned into a forum bout me! Get back to your season fellas and next year is a different story! And yes I love beer

www.sportsfreaksaboutwhyte.com

Bubz
08-09-2011, 03:17 PM
You stink!

Whytey77
08-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Lmao! Do u guys work?

scott
08-09-2011, 04:10 PM
zoinks bud....

GM BRM/SPC
08-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Can't find any updates on SPO site,,,who's playing well, who's going home early this time??

hitemhard
08-13-2011, 04:29 PM
Shockers are 2-0
Braves beat team equip
Team equip beat titans

All I got so far.

fish 24
08-13-2011, 05:22 PM
shockers vs Rockies in undefeated game.....braves and angry beavers are into tomorrow.... not sure about the rest

dougiefresh
08-13-2011, 09:31 PM
Titans came back from a 0-2 start to beat Rays, Dodgers and Team Equip to make Sunday

chinese freak
08-13-2011, 10:54 PM
congrats Dougie now go get'em on Sunday thumbs-yesthumbs-yesthumbs-yes

Freak88
08-13-2011, 11:13 PM
Talk is a bat was pulled from a coach's team from the site.

Any info ?

dougiefresh
08-13-2011, 11:21 PM
Buj20's bat was pulled. Tested and GTG. Not sure if that's what you mean.

Freak88
08-13-2011, 11:24 PM
Buj20's bat was pulled. Tested and GTG. Not sure if that's what you mean.

Not saying that was it but how was it tested ?

okeman
08-13-2011, 11:40 PM
We had 2 removed. 1 came back. First um looked at it and said bag scratches looked like roller cuts lol. Second was a psycho with a crack pick that up and send it back when all is done

dougiefresh
08-13-2011, 11:43 PM
Not saying that was it but how was it tested ?

Its the Canadians weekend. They tested it on the tester I'm assuming

okeman
08-14-2011, 12:00 AM
Ump said he took it to the miken guy to ask. Bat was only visually checked. I tried to tell him if it's rolled you won't see lines where paint is gone. Lol unless the rollers are made of stone. There were 2 4 inch lines from what looked like bag hook scratches

I'll stand behind my comment that umps have no clue.

Freak88
08-14-2011, 12:26 AM
Ump said he took it to the miken guy to ask. Bat was only visually checked. I tried to tell him if it's rolled you won't see lines where paint is gone. Lol unless the rollers are made of stone. There were 2 4 inch lines from what looked like bag hook scratches

I'll stand behind my comment that umps have no clue.

So, are u saying it was rolled and the umps r clueless ?

Doug, the testes r for ASA only, if the bat was ASA then very nice that they check bats.

Little confused now, did u guys get one or 2 bats pulled ?

dougiefresh
08-14-2011, 12:44 AM
They pulled 2 bats. Buj and Tims. Tims was broken and he didn't know it, must have happened game 1. Buj's bat got pulled cause it looked like it was rolled. It was not rolled and has an "approved by SPO" sticker on it. Tims bat was taken cause it was broken and Bujs bat was given back with sticker. End of story. Nothing exciting

Freak88
08-14-2011, 12:50 AM
They pulled 2 bats. Buj and Tims. Tims was broken and he didn't know it, must have happened game 1. Buj's bat got pulled cause it looked like it was rolled. It was not rolled and has an "approved by SPO" sticker on it. Tims bat was taken cause it was broken and Bujs bat was given back with sticker. End of story. Nothing exciting

Cool, just seems strange with 300 bats approx at an event 2 get pulled from your team

Are the other umps blind or just don't care ?

dougiefresh
08-14-2011, 12:59 AM
Cool, just seems strange with 300 bats approx at an event 2 get pulled from your team

Are the other umps blind or just don't care ?

Ya. Strange lol. 1 was broken. I'm sure it happens a lot and one was checked and was fine. Nothing strange about it. Check them all, wish they could.

Freak88
08-14-2011, 01:05 AM
Ya. Strange lol. 1 was broken. I'm sure it happens a lot and one was checked and was fine. Nothing strange about it. Check them all, wish they could.

Yep, strange.

With the tester there SPO could have had all SS teams pre-check ASA bats and stickered them

I bet this would have caught A LOT of guys ...

dougiefresh
08-14-2011, 01:07 AM
Yep. No doubt. Gonna have to fundraise just to have money to call out bat next year. Lol. Sleep time. Gotta play in the AM. Good job Titans

Freak88
08-14-2011, 01:15 AM
Yep. No doubt. Gonna have to fundraise just to have money to call out bat next year. Lol. Sleep time. Gotta play in the AM. Good job Titans

Yes, nice job making sunday.

The tester is there for ASA and SPO should put it to use.

Coaches shouldn't have to set aside money when the org know there is an issue

GL in the morning

okeman
08-14-2011, 06:30 AM
There was more. The same ump walked back and forth a few times with bats. Think he was trying to do a good job and have ones checked that he felt suspect.