View Full Version : How many times have you been ejected from a game?

Browner16
07-21-2006, 11:47 AM
Only the 2nd time for myself last night. Never question the umps integrity.....just their eyesight! lol

ducksonthepond
07-21-2006, 07:11 PM
5 or 6....but none were my fault... thumbs-yes

OLD SCHOOL
07-22-2006, 08:19 AM
One time playing fastball, I struck out and threw my bat....Umpie tossed me. I was young and stupid and I haven't done it since. 30 years ago. thumbs-yes

Jaker
07-22-2006, 09:20 AM
oddly enough I have never been thrown out of a game i have tried a couple of times when i was a wee bit younger but nope never for me

Wilkie
07-22-2006, 11:53 AM
twice for me! first time i was coaching bases and didn't like a call and the second the ump called a trap on me in the outfield and i had clearly caught the ball

puppy
07-22-2006, 02:04 PM
Last Night Freak88 got kicked out for calling an umpire blind. But in his defence the umpie was blind. :tongue:

Icatchn
07-22-2006, 06:13 PM
Never I am much to relaxed of a person.. maybe I should do it sometime to fire up the team..

Jaker
07-22-2006, 08:26 PM
I stand corrected Junkies72 Aka Shane Vale reminded me of the game him and i got tossed from so one time for me..Mind you it was only one game for me and Shane ended up with 20 game suspension LOLOLOLOLOL thumbs-yes

bighead
07-23-2006, 07:31 AM
Only a couple of times, that I remember anyways! They were both with the same ump who I can't stand. Funny thing is I haven't seem him in a couple of years. Guess I won :bit-clap:

JROCK
07-23-2006, 01:19 PM
I play with Lordele and he seams to get tossed easily but of the times that i have mouthed off it seems like i have to say a mouthfull to even get a warning!!!

rooster_cogburn
07-23-2006, 08:28 PM
Hasn't happened yet.... but the season isn't quite over :tongue:

ducksonthepond
07-24-2006, 11:56 AM
I play with Lordele and he seams to get tossed easily but of the times that i have mouthed off it seems like i have to say a mouthfull to even get a warning!!!

trick is to use special words....gets em everytime

ballplaya1
07-24-2006, 02:13 PM
when I was younger I was tossed several times count count that high lol But in the last 10 years I would say only once..im pretty calm and as a coach /player I always want to get respect as well as give it. One of my favorate sayings to an umpy is (are you real happy with that call you made ?they usually say yes!!! they I come back with might of been the right call and smile at him) I dont show disrespect to any umpire after all they are usually only 20buck per game men lol lol or do i mean just there for the 20? :bit-clap:

Vale
07-24-2006, 02:29 PM
when I was younger I was tossed several times count count that high lol But in the last 10 years I would say only once..im pretty calm and as a coach /player I always want to get respect as well as give it. One of my favorate sayings to an umpy is (are you real happy with that call you made ?they usually say yes!!! they I come back with might of been the right call and smile at him) I dont show disrespect to any umpire after all they are usually only 20buck per game men lol lol or do i mean just there for the 20? :bit-clap:

20 dollars an hour I'll take it.....

ballplaya1
07-24-2006, 02:56 PM
we know you would lol

OLD SCHOOL
07-24-2006, 05:35 PM
I stand corrected....I have been tossed twice. The second time was a money tourny in Stirling Ont. (home of Rob Ray,"Buffalo Sabres" and Matt Cooke "Vancouver Canucks"). It was the finals and all weekend we had two umpies, but when it comes down to the final game they only had one and it was FEMALE. lol. She had made a couple of bad calls at second base because she was calling the play from home. I kept hollering to the convenors to get us a base ump because home plate ump wasn't calling a fair game. She threatened to kick me out of the game if I kept it up. Well, I'd had about 20 beers in me by then and I yells out "It must be the wrong time of the month". OUCH!......She tossed me. Don't matter, we won anyway. I did apoligize to her after the game cause I really didn't mean to offend her. She was trying her best. Just to let you know how impaired I was, the Stirling cops were called and I offered them a beer. BwaHaaaa!!!!!! thumbs-yes

tlby13
07-25-2006, 02:58 PM
Softball.......never.

Now Hockey is another story!!!! thumbs-yes

tfm00
07-26-2006, 05:25 PM
only once when I played fastball, was catcher and the inning before got ran on a bs play so in the next inning I did the same and the ump threw me, kinda stupid when I look back as we only had 9 players and I was the only catch there that night and we ended up having to forfeit.

Bravesox
08-16-2006, 11:56 AM
Only once, At a Tourney..using the mat....ball hits 2 inches off of it and he calls a strike..told the ump he was missing a good game...after he kicked me out...i told him i was going to sit with stevie wonder and ray charles..that he should join us and i would tell all of them whats happening in the games. Fans loved it. and it was the 7th...with 2 more games to play that day :bit-wallb :tongue:

codegreen97
08-16-2006, 12:08 PM
I've never been kicked out of a game. I mean I get lippy sometimes but it's like I tell everyone on my team, once an umpy makes the call, it's made, and he/she is not going to go back on it. suck it up.

Also, I ump in a league (SPN) that plays out of the Keele/Lawrence area (Amesbury) and I make $35/game!!!

KMKjr
08-16-2006, 12:42 PM
Does being too drunk to play count??

Never been kicked out (suprisingly) but had to sit on the bench once for a few innings while the game finsihed and umpy wouldn't let me play the field, but I still hit...lol.

fish 24
08-20-2006, 09:30 PM
never been kicked out but probably should have been a few times LOL

Chug48
08-20-2006, 09:54 PM
I have been tossed out 4 times and should have a couple times this week at the Canadians, I even called the ump the "C" word, and that didn't work? probably because he new he made the worst call in slo-pitch history,but oh well,lmao!!

Take Care

Spencer
08-28-2006, 02:24 PM
I got the boot once for dropping the f-bomb really loudly after I just hit a MASSIVE Homerun for an out. I was really upset because it was the bottom of the 6th and we were down by 2 and a clown on our team used to ONLY TRY to hit homeruns and hit a solo in the 5th and used our last one. This essentially ended our run back into the game and I was mad that the guy was actually proud of himself after hitting the solo.

I was hoping to cut the ball into the gap as the fields were 325 to the corners, and ended up hitting a line drive that hit the trees about 340....

Willie
09-15-2006, 09:32 AM
Only ever got tossed one time, play off game, 7th and deciding. ump called a runner going home out for interference on a hard slide at second. I told him he was a joke, (never swore) he tossed me and i asked what for, he said you called me a joke and i said "i think you're a really funny guy" he wasn't amused. then as i walked out of the park i told him it was too bad the 2 teams showed up, he could have been the star of the game. who knew he would turn out to be the softball canada umpire and chief......ooops.