View Full Version : Buy/Sell/Trade Area Vote

edavis
06-08-2006, 10:40 PM
Hello all,

I was in the middle of making some changes to split of the current Buy/Sell/Trade forum into separate areas, but after I made the changes, I found it a little tougher to navigate. Sometimes potential sellers/buyers might not see certain threads seeing that is now three different sub-forums.

Lets see what everybody thinks as your input is important.

Icatchn
06-08-2006, 10:46 PM
Can we have it like SBF?? I dont think you need a seperate place for trades..

A buy sell for bats only...
and then Buy sell for the other softball stuff...

adam
06-08-2006, 11:33 PM
I agree, maybe seperate the bats from the rest of the equipment.......

Wilkie
06-09-2006, 01:00 AM
I kinda find the old way easier to navigate!

Hommus
06-09-2006, 07:16 AM
I like it old style but if you break out the bats from the equipment that would be cool.

KMKjr
06-09-2006, 07:51 AM
I like it better.

I don't do trades (seems like everyone has problems?), so it eliminates them from my search.

sporter49
06-09-2006, 06:27 PM
make a separate spot for bat sales or trades and another spot for related ball stuff like gloves ,balls etc..whatever is done will still make this site a great place to buy,sell or just surf and meet some of the board members.. thumbs-yes

SCOTTY34
06-09-2006, 09:09 PM
I like the 'old style' better than the new one. I just found it easier to browse through everything.....like reading the classifieds :D Just my 2 cents...

Travis
06-09-2006, 10:27 PM
I must agree.

tbatti
06-10-2006, 01:29 AM
I like having the 3 separate sections. Don't use sub forums. Eliminate the complete listing below the 3 sub forums and only have the 3 forums.

If it were at all possible the optimal solution maybe have a post go into it's appropiate category (buy/sell/trade) and have a comlete listing below. So you post under buy sell or trade and carbon copy goes into a complete forum.

That way it gets categorized and if people want to read everything in one spot it will be there as well.

By the way SBFans is changing theirs soon to be similar to what we have here now. buying selling and trading. Got the word from Milocoman himself. Part of the reason there is because every 3 hours there's 5 pages of stuff.

tlby13
06-11-2006, 11:21 PM
I like the old way too. That way I can shop for all-around ball stuff, and maybe get some ideas for things I hadn't thought of before. Also found it easier to navigate around.

edavis
06-12-2006, 09:21 AM
I like having the 3 separate sections. Don't use sub forums. Eliminate the complete listing below the 3 sub forums and only have the 3 forums.

If it were at all possible the optimal solution maybe have a post go into it's appropiate category (buy/sell/trade) and have a comlete listing below. So you post under buy sell or trade and carbon copy goes into a complete forum.

That way it gets categorized and if people want to read everything in one spot it will be there as well.

By the way SBFans is changing theirs soon to be similar to what we have here now. buying selling and trading. Got the word from Milocoman himself. Part of the reason there is because every 3 hours there's 5 pages of stuff.

My intention wasn't subforums, but seeing that i have to move all the threads there currently to other forums, it is a labour intensive process and i havent had time to do it yet.

Im going to give the vote until the end of the day, and the poll option with the majority of the votes will end up being how the bull/sell/trade is setup.

shifty1
06-13-2006, 02:05 PM
Personally, I like seperate sections for Buy, Sell and Trade.

Cleaner more efficient, but apparently in the minority here.

When I am looking to buy a bat, I cant stand that 2/3 of the bats listed are for trade (or possible sale, or in other words I can take cash offers this way I dont have to commit to a price :rolleyes: ).

Whatever way works for the masses will do I guess. :cool:

tbatti
06-13-2006, 04:40 PM
I don't understand why you'd want buy and sell grouped together? When I want to buy something I only want to see what people have for sale, I could care less about the rest and visa-versa. Maybe it's just me :confused:

Dirtydog
07-05-2006, 11:47 PM
Can we have it like SBF?? I dont think you need a seperate place for trades..

A buy sell for bats only...
and then Buy sell for the other softball stuff...

My thoughts exactly...

tbatti
07-06-2006, 01:11 PM
SBF is going to segregate their forum as well. Milocoman (Chad) says it's something they are going to work on and have wanted to do for awhile.