View Full Version : New Demarini The ONE.12 out

Lilirish79
07-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Has anyone swung one of these yet ??

http://www.justbats.com/product.view.aspx?p=12261

bat looks sweet

Paulie9
07-22-2010, 01:37 PM
From what I have heard it is pretty much like the first version (white one) with a different knob and end cap. They went back to the original handle as they weren't happy with the handle they used on the MLC.

Lilirish79
07-22-2010, 01:43 PM
yes I noticed that, and now an endload I wonder if this was made with the endload to compete with the RD28 hype

jms
07-22-2010, 02:03 PM
reports are saying more EL than the MLC, but still less than the RD. I'll et you know in about a week when my 2 arrive :)

Lilirish79
07-22-2010, 02:08 PM
lucky guy please do, I spoke to Demarini they said not releasing until the end of the month in Canada. I also asked if I buy in the U.S. is the warranty still good up here and they told me no, so i guess just like Easton.

fierce_gt
07-22-2010, 02:19 PM
lucky guy please do, I spoke to Demarini they said not releasing until the end of the month in Canada. I also asked if I buy in the U.S. is the warranty still good up here and they told me no, so i guess just like Easton.

i was tempted to pick one up too, but after a few pm's back and forth with some demarini factory hitters i was less than convinced it'll be anything special performance wise.

it's supposedly a limited edition bat, but no idea how many are being made. it might be 'limited' to how many they can sell for all i know.

honestly, i seem to be the only one, but i think that's about the ugliest bat on the face of the earth. really missed the mark imo.

Sinyk
07-22-2010, 02:52 PM
Yep. It's like swinging a US flag. Maybe if it was just red and white with little maple leafs on it...?

Techwarrior
07-22-2010, 03:17 PM
I think Optimus Prime when I see this bat.

I've been reading it's like a Juice but ASA version and not as much flex. Take that for what it's worth.

Not many reviews of the bat are out just yet.

rockdude77
07-22-2010, 03:30 PM
I want this bat. I'll trade my niw easton speed BH for one.

Wanderer
07-22-2010, 05:30 PM
4500 made, mine is in the mail. thumbs-yes thumbs-yes thumbs-yes so I will update you all when I get it out for some BP.

fierce_gt
07-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Yep. It's like swinging a US flag. Maybe if it was just red and white with little maple leafs on it...?

it's not even that, my mom is american so i'm not totally against the red white and blue. at first i was thinking there needed to be more white, less red, but i'm not even sure that's it either.

it's just that color combo reminds me too much of optimus prime or something. when i first saw pics i thought it looked like it was made out of plastic by fisher price. i'm sure it's different in person, but still, it's been a major mental block for me.

some 'hyped' up reviews are starting to make their rounds again. i'm not sure what to think yet, too many conflicting stories. i like the fact it's a shorter barrel version of the one. i'm just not sure what else has changed, and if it's for the better or not.

fierce_gt
07-22-2010, 10:05 PM
I think Optimus Prime when I see this bat.

I've been reading it's like a Juice but ASA version and not as much flex. Take that for what it's worth.

Not many reviews of the bat are out just yet.

the latest reviews i've heard say it's not even close to being RD endloaded, let alone juice endloaded.

i almost put my order in when somebody started saying it was like a stiffer juice. i went to a game, tried a team mates juice(always liked that bat) just to be sure. came back home and read all the ppl saying it wasn't very endloaded at all, so i held off.

oh, and just curious where you guys are getting these from? SBF has em for 265USD shipped, but not until aug.

Wanderer
07-23-2010, 04:16 PM
Mine are (x2) coming in from a SFB buyin.