View Full Version : Best NSA Bat to have?

NorthernPF
07-22-2010, 12:09 AM
What is the best NSA that can be had for a fair price right now? I'm playing an NSA Tournament in a couple weeks and wouldn't mind having a really good bat to use.

Bigcathill
07-22-2010, 12:10 AM
Plague, easy I think.

Long Bomber
07-22-2010, 12:16 AM
Plague, easy I think.

not even close to the jakd nem....

YT!
07-22-2010, 12:24 AM

He said for a good price, you aint getting a Jak'd for a good price.......Plagues can be had for $160 NIW and they open up quick.......to me the Plague is a good choice.

YT!

Long Bomber
07-22-2010, 12:37 AM
He said for a good price, you aint getting a Jak'd for a good price.......Plagues can be had for $160 NIW and they open up quick.......to me the Plague is a good choice.

YT!

you are correct...just read best bat for nsa haha

fierce_gt
07-22-2010, 01:57 AM
after the nemy, all utrip/nsa bats are a dime a dozen.

the way i see it, for a bat to be a 'nsa bat' it HAS to surpass ASA standards. therefore even the worst nsa bat is still going to be very high performing. what you want is a bat that's already broken in, or takes very little time to break in. unless you can get 800+ hits on it a couple weeks(maybe you can), then i wouldn't worry about that too much.

what kind of ASA bats do you like? there's nothing wrong with the plague, but if you aren't used to combats, there might be better options for you. i for example can't hit the AV very well. don't like the sweet spot being out as far.

NorthernPF
07-22-2010, 07:40 AM
I really like my Red/Black Helmer Synergy and my buddys 28oz Maxload Recoil

Bizon
07-22-2010, 08:23 AM
DC Psycho is unreal give it a 100 hits you won;t be disappointed

Arch Rival
07-22-2010, 08:42 AM
OG freak 100 ....:skull4-2:

rockdude77
07-22-2010, 09:09 AM
freak plus thumbs-yes

ZR27
07-22-2010, 09:15 AM

+1 on this..

Nothing can touch this one..

if out of your budget....Great "team" investment.. :D

IMO, I'd like having one on the fence, to counter other teams using it

Geedy21
07-22-2010, 09:42 AM
NIW
Jakd Nemmy
Miken DC Psycho

Used Broken In
Miken Freak+
Miken Freak 100

bobber_1077
07-22-2010, 11:02 AM
Freak LE is pretty hot pretty quick...

Sinyk
07-22-2010, 11:12 AM
+1 on this..

Nothing can touch this one..

if out of your budget....Great "team" investment.. :D

IMO, I'd like having one on the fence, to counter other teams using it

I don't know about team use though. These sure don't last long.

bobber_1077
07-22-2010, 11:16 AM
I don't know about team use though. These sure don't last long.

They are nice to have in your bag though in case you need one...thumbs-yes

dave2525
07-22-2010, 11:24 AM
anyone put the CNT+ RI up there?

they are reasonably priced, but I haven't had one long enough to hit with yet...

Jayson #13
07-22-2010, 11:49 AM
IF you want to look like you can actually play and get credit for your play, don't swing the Jak'd.

Other NSA bats to use:

Miken Psycho
COmbat Wood
Combat Plague
Miken Super Freak or 100

Sinyk
07-22-2010, 11:57 AM
lol, so the Jak'd has become a noob stick? :D

fierce_gt
07-22-2010, 12:50 PM
lol, so the Jak'd has become a noob stick? :D

it's so funny because i found the jak'd the hardest bat to hit well.

put it in somebodie's hands and tell them it's the hottest bat in NSA, and 95% of the time it's a pop up. it took me at least 200 swings to learn how to hit the bat without sending the ball 300ft straight up.:confused:

jms
07-22-2010, 01:05 PM
I'm really liking the RD120 right now.. it has great pop. Distance is average but the ball jumps very nicely

MikenFreak9
07-22-2010, 01:08 PM
Havent swung a Jak'd, but we did some BP before the game with my brand new DC Psycho. It was pretty hot to start, but after about 100 hits I hit the longest bomb of my life. I have no idea how far it was, but I enjoyed it.

Couple guys on my team that have never hit HR's hit some last night with it, It Is HOT! Except the end cap sticker fell off after like 50 hits!? What is that?!

Thought I'd share, since I've been loving Demarini's lately, OTC/The One Utrip, but this bat is silly. If you can get one for a decent price don't pass it up.

Sinyk
07-22-2010, 01:16 PM
it's so funny because i found the jak'd the hardest bat to hit well.

put it in somebodie's hands and tell them it's the hottest bat in NSA, and 95% of the time it's a pop up. it took me at least 200 swings to learn how to hit the bat without sending the ball 300ft straight up.:confused:

Really? Damn that's, IMO, peculiar. Almost everyone I have seen swing a jak'd for the first time ever probably hits some of the best shots they have ever hit. Especially women I have seen swing the Jak'd. They just crush the ball farther than they ever have.

I swung a friend of mine's Jak'd fresh out of the wrapper at nationals in 2008 and put one over the fence on the first pitch I saw. I find the bat easy to hit, very forgiving and has explosive performance. Just don't expect it to last once everyone gets a taste.

Jayson #13
07-22-2010, 01:33 PM
The Jak'd is just stupid. For most a very easy bat to hit with. But like all bats, not to everyones tastes.

The problem with this bat is the power and speed it produces. It makes bad hitters, great! It's not just the distance that pisses me off, its the speed through the infield and those few idiots who think that its cool to whiz one by the tower with it!

It's the only "legal" bat I will ever complain about.

fierce_gt
07-22-2010, 02:28 PM
Really? Damn that's, IMO, peculiar. Almost everyone I have seen swing a jak'd for the first time ever probably hits some of the best shots they have ever hit. Especially women I have seen swing the Jak'd. They just crush the ball farther than they ever have.

I swung a friend of mine's Jak'd fresh out of the wrapper at nationals in 2008 and put one over the fence on the first pitch I saw. I find the bat easy to hit, very forgiving and has explosive performance. Just don't expect it to last once everyone gets a taste.

the first time i tried one, it wasn't too bad, hit some monster shots, started looking for my own about 3 hrs later.

when i got mine, i just couldn't do anything with it. thought it needed to be broken in more, or who knows. took it to my game and told my team mates, who of course when up one by one with their 'homerun swing' and proceeded to pop up.
after a little more BP, i discovered if i tried to hit line drives i would hit long bombs, if i tried to hit grounders i would hit line drives, and if i tried to hit long balls i would pop up. i can switch back and forth now without a problem, but i do have adjust my head when i swing it.

i think it might be because of how much hotter it really is. it's kinda like when i go golfing with my dad. we both have a bit of a slice, but because he only drives 150yds, he's usually never more than a few yds in the rough. when the ball goes farther, it goes farther in ever direction, and i'll end up on the fairway one hole over.

i don't know, it's just been my experience that if you try to crush the ball, and mi**** it, it makes you pay more than other bats. if you take a controlled swing and find the sweet spot, it rewards you more than any other bat i've swung(my U2 included)

blackknight
07-22-2010, 02:49 PM
anyone put the CNT+ RI up there?

they are reasonably priced, but I haven't had one long enough to hit with yet...

I am loving mine.... Suprised not to see more of them out here in Ontario, as the Psycho is the clear favorite at SS..

denissawyer
07-22-2010, 03:05 PM
I'll vote for a Super Freak, I have both the SF and the DC Psycho and if you connect with the Psycho it goes a long way but it doesn't compare to the SF which is filthy.

tbatti
07-22-2010, 03:18 PM
With all the rage on SBF I'm surprised no one has said BJ Fulk Mayhem????:confused:

denissawyer
07-22-2010, 03:22 PM
So you can snap one at the taper with under 500 cuts?