View Full Version : Blister help

dougiefresh
07-15-2010, 10:08 AM
With the amount of BP I take I never thought this would happen again, but last night I hit about 150 balls and got a blister on my F OFF finger. It was hot and my gloves were soaked and it was sliding around. Here is the big issue, I got a 8 game gauranteed interleague tournament this weekend starting with 2 games tomorrow night.

Is there anything you guys do for blisters? Lance them, not lance them? Is there any point in putting polysporin or anything like that on it?

Thanks guys

bramptonfire
07-15-2010, 10:10 AM
I poke a hole with a pin and keep it dry. Then when the outer layer of skin hardens up I chew it off......kinda gross I know.

tape it up afterwards. and get yourself a pair of Mechanics gloves for BP.....

dougiefresh
07-15-2010, 10:12 AM
I have always made fun of the guys wearing mechanics gloves in games but this sucks, might get a pair just for BP.

dougiefresh
07-15-2010, 10:15 AM
I poke a hole with a pin and keep it dry. Then when the outer layer of skin hardens up I chew it off......kinda gross I know.

Also if I lance it do I risk having a continuous blister problem? I was told if you dont drain them they become calises and you wont get blisters anymore...I guess that might not be true since I had calises and still got this monster blister

edavis
07-15-2010, 10:43 AM
Also if I lance it do I risk having a continuous blister problem? I was told if you dont drain them they become calises and you wont get blisters anymore...I guess that might not be true since I had calises and still got this monster blisterDrain it, polysporin it for a day, then use 2nd Skin.

dougiefresh
07-15-2010, 11:01 AM
Drain it, polysporin it for a day, then use 2nd Skin.

Ok kool, do I wrap it in a bandaid or something as well? I dont have a job where it will get dirty or anything.

TecGuy8
07-15-2010, 11:10 AM
Don't wrap it in a band-aid it keeps the skin moist and you want it to dry out ... polysporin only for the first night then air the thing out. Go to the local bowling alley and get the second skin application looks like nail polish and stings if you have gone so far as to chew off the dry skin lol ... gross but I have also been guilty of it. The second skin should have patches as well to cover the area. I use the stuff bowling first couple weeks I always get a monster on the outside of my thumb and without it cannot finish..

Good luck in the interleague tourney.. and keep the pinetar thick ... prevents you from:stir a bat being thrown

BIRDMAN
07-15-2010, 11:13 AM

x2 on this ^^^ :D

JJ17
07-15-2010, 11:21 AM
2nd Skin for sure..

Tbird
07-15-2010, 11:26 AM
DUCT TAPE!!

I'm not sure exactly where it is but if you don't want to poke a hole in it, pop it, chew it off, lance it....LOL....then use duct tape!! Cut a piece to cover the whole blister and tape over the blister. The duct tape keeps anything from rubbing the blister more and making it bigger or worse. do not use a bandaid as they move around, create friction and you know the rest!!

This really does work with almost any blister!!!

Hope this helps.

Wil

ZR27
07-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Drain it, polysporin it for a day, then use 2nd Skin.

+1 on this...

imo, 150 balls in one session is overkill.. unless youre Juice :D

50-60 good swings is all you need..
25 swings according to Jeff Hall..

If you are still getting blisters with any batting glove you put on..
Try loosening your grip, and releasing your top hand after hitting the ball..
or tape your fingers..

i swing average 2-3 times a week... and not 1 blister all season...

TecGuy8
07-15-2010, 11:57 AM
+1 on this...

or tape your fingers..

Gonna restir the pot here ... I think the 150 swings was to ensure the bat was not thrown after the hit. :stir

Long Bomber
07-15-2010, 11:58 AM
is the blister on ur lips from kissing D-12's ass so much hahaha

TecGuy8
07-15-2010, 12:01 PM
is the blister on ur lips from kissing D-12's ass so much hahaha

OOPS !! :stir

dougiefresh
07-15-2010, 12:10 PM
Gonna restir the pot here ... I think the 150 swings was to ensure the bat was not thrown after the hit. :stir

HAHA yaya I threw my bat and got kicked out of the game, trust me been hearing about it all week.

LB thanks for that but no not on the lips, they are chapped but not blistered

dougiefresh
07-15-2010, 12:13 PM
+1 on this...

or tape your fingers..

Normally what we do is hit half of the large garbage can we have but yesterday there were 2 of us so I hit the full bucket then he hit it. We did this 2x and I was fine, we decide to do a HR Derby because of the short fence at this diamond and that is where all of a sudden this monster poped up. I know better but can't go back, got to get this thing fixed.

Its now been drained and polysporin is on and it is covered for the next hour, I will take it off then and let it dry, will pick up 2nd skin on the way home, I may even have some at home.

Thanks guys

shmoo
07-15-2010, 12:18 PM
take your blistered finger and shove it up Birdman, cuz that guy is the cure for everything

LMAO

dougiefresh
07-15-2010, 12:42 PM
take your blistered finger and shove it up Birdman, cuz that guy is the cure for everything

LMAO

I can't believe it took you this long to contribute to this thread, it basically was sitting on a tee for you

shmoo
07-15-2010, 12:43 PM
I can't believe it took you this long to contribute to this thread, it basically was sitting on a tee for you

sometimes I am too eager and need to let others have the chance to zing you

beef53
07-15-2010, 12:45 PM

x2 on this ^^^ :D

x3 for the dry chewy skin....

don't think i've ever put any kind of anything on a blister....suck it up!!! lol

edavis
07-15-2010, 01:01 PM
I never hit more than 30 balls in a round, and the others that hit with me don't either. After 20-25 you start to get lazy with your mechanics, and this is where you pick up bad habits.

....and I agree with Beefer

TecGuy8
07-15-2010, 05:00 PM
A for effort on hitting (went a bit to the extreme edge however shows determination... all you had to do was ask I am local I could show you some real good base hitting skills)

F on skin care during summer season
(visit ___ http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/firstaid/blister.htm __ they have some really cool suggestions for all types of blisters including the mention of doctor consultation for the ones on your face and or genitals)(not that I have ever had those but after a couple mentions of kissing a$$ i figured it might help)

huge F on bat throwing (never 2x in a game 1 time gets you warned but the 2nd gets you tossed ..) feel free to browse google for bat grip to prepare for next tourney

A on ability to take the punches ... great sense of humor and the ability to laugh at yourself is not easy to come by these days ..

Enjoy the weekend !

doggin_it
07-15-2010, 05:14 PM
I never hit more than 30 balls in a round, and the others that hit with me don't either. After 20-25 you start to get lazy with your mechanics, and this is where you pick up bad habits.

....and I agree with Beefer

I would have agreed with this until this year. This year I have done a TON of BP and usually with a big tote of balls (60+). By hitting large amounts I feel now I am hitting the ball harder and father then ever. It build strength...lol

But I do agree with the machanics and you can get sloppy

For blisters because I can hit upwards of 200+ in a day I found my hands get soft from sweeting. The skin will blister/bleed every time for me and my overlap grip. I alway tape my fingers before BP

dougiefresh
07-15-2010, 05:32 PM
A for effort on hitting (went a bit to the extreme edge however shows determination... all you had to do was ask I am local I could show you some real good base hitting skills)

F on skin care during summer season
(visit ___ http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/firstaid/blister.htm __ they have some really cool suggestions for all types of blisters including the mention of doctor consultation for the ones on your face and or genitals)(not that I have ever had those but after a couple mentions of kissing a$$ i figured it might help)

huge F on bat throwing (never 2x in a game 1 time gets you warned but the 2nd gets you tossed ..) feel free to browse google for bat grip to prepare for next tourney

A on ability to take the punches ... great sense of humor and the ability to laugh at yourself is not easy to come by these days ..

Enjoy the weekend !

Man you were watching the worst game ever for my hitting skills lol Hence the throwing of the bat I guess. :D Was a little upset after hitting over .700 all year and 2nd on the team in HRs and then $hit the bed in the 2nd game, I hit ok the first game, where were you for that LOL

charlied
07-15-2010, 07:32 PM
put a wet tea bag on it, the drink and not the perv one for all the dirty minds on the board! LOL It will dry it out and heal it at the same time. This is what gymnasts do for blisters and rips from bars.

shmoo
07-15-2010, 07:58 PM
put a wet tea bag on it, the drink and not the perv one for all the dirty minds on the board! LOL It will dry it out and heal it at the same time. This is what gymnasts do for blisters and rips from bars.

LMFAO, here I thought you were talking about a Mudcat weekend?

milf19
07-15-2010, 09:42 PM
I have always made fun of the guys wearing mechanics gloves in games but this sucks, might get a pair just for BP.

they are 40% off this week at crappy tire fyi