View Full Version : Paris Sports Centre

LURCH33
07-14-2010, 03:15 PM
A big thanks for choosing to drop us as a sponsor 10 days before our tournament! You guys commited to us in Cambridge Super Series Event. Just got the word late last night!

PS - Your welcome for the free advertising on our flyers and website this year!

TMAC68
07-14-2010, 03:18 PM
A big thanks for choosing to drop us as a sponsor 10 days before our tournament! You guys commited to us in Cambridge Super Series Event. Just got the word late last night!

PS - Your welcome for the free advertising on our flyers and website this year!

AHAHHAHA!! thats a crock!!! I wont shop there, I Will make sure to tell others as well...

chubbs
07-14-2010, 03:18 PM
not cool :thumbsdn2 what were they going to do for you? If it's something reasonable I'll see what I can do

LURCH33
07-14-2010, 03:28 PM
They donate 2 dozens softballs for our tournament (like last year) in return they have the option to setup shop at the diamonds plus they have advertising space on our tournament website (365 days) and flyers.

Legend 94
07-14-2010, 03:29 PM
Not sure what happened here but Paris Sports has been on board with us all year and treated us great! Sounds more like some sort of mis-communication happened here so maybe you shouldn't quite so quick to throw them under the bus.

To anyone who is even considering no longer purchasing from Paris Sports based on this post may I suggest that you remember there are always two sides to every story...:rolleyes:

LURCH33
07-14-2010, 03:35 PM
A few shockers we're present when we asked them if they were in again, they said yes. Last night I was told by my fellow teammates they decided to drop us as they choose another tournament so I was told. Our shocker team in super series have a few guys who are from the Brantford area.

I would be curious to hear myself the real reason. This wasn't a first year sales pitch on our part. This is our 6th year in Brantford, 4 years in a row with a local sports store sponsor. Last year was Paris Sports Centre first year in business I was told so we choose them to help them out.

Rickster24
07-14-2010, 03:36 PM
Paris Sports has never done us wrong, in fact they always go the extra mile. I'm thinking miscommunication also.

LURCH33
07-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Just hope to get my hands on some SPN Grey Dot optical balls in time for our tournament July 24-25th, 2010 in Brantford.

chubbs
07-14-2010, 03:40 PM
They donate 2 dozens softballs for our tournament (like last year) in return they have the option to setup shop at the diamonds plus they have advertising space on our tournament website (365 days) and flyers.

what ball's do you need? just saw the balls lol

LURCH33
07-14-2010, 03:42 PM
Not sure myself on the communication thing as I delegated this responsibility to a fellow shocker?

dougiefresh
07-14-2010, 03:43 PM
Paris Sports has never done us wrong, in fact they always go the extra mile. I'm thinking miscommunication also.

Miscommunication? I get you and Legend are sticking up for your sponsor but sure sounds like Lurch and the Shockers are very clear on what happened. Its BS, I run a business and this is bad business for sure. They have been on all the advertising for this thing and can't come through with balls for a tournament? Ridiculous

LURCH33
07-14-2010, 03:44 PM
Maybe they're trying to get in our heads. SHOCKERS versus Paris Sports Misfits in Super Series this Saturday at SPC???

scott
07-14-2010, 03:45 PM
It wasn't a miscommunication. I was standing right beside my team mate when he spoke with the Paris sports guys at their booth at the Cambridge SS event.

It is fine if they don't want to support the event but don't commit to it then pull the plug last minute after you have had the benefit of being on flyer/website.

Legend 94
07-14-2010, 05:03 PM
I suggest that you guys call Rob at the store if you have an issue and resolve this rather than spewing this all over the board... Resolve this in a mature way as opposed to this... I'm sure there's a lot more to this than what's being put forward here... Take it off the board and resolve it between the parties involved...

moose01
07-14-2010, 05:16 PM
"Last year was Paris Sports Centre first year in business I was told so we choose them to help them out."

Tiny side note. They did uni's for a team i played on 3+ years ago so they've been around for awhile. Gave us good price on three shirts with no issues.

Yosh5
07-14-2010, 05:17 PM
I'm with Legend94. If you call Rob, everything will work out.

Buj20
07-16-2010, 11:20 AM
it's 24 balls in order to set-up shop!!! Bad decision in my opinion, they make the cost on the balls back in 10 minutes!

Tiny27
07-16-2010, 03:07 PM
I suggest that you guys call Rob at the store if you have an issue and resolve this rather than spewing this all over the board... Resolve this in a mature way as opposed to this... I'm sure there's a lot more to this than what's being put forward here... Take it off the board and resolve it between the parties involved...

i agree with the above!!!!

i dont know either side but theyve always gone above and beyond to help us out (just my $.02)

Papi 34
07-18-2010, 09:27 PM
These giys have always treated me and, my team excellent! I agree , speak to Rob and work it out. He is a class act and deserves a chance to explain

Legend 94
07-18-2010, 09:57 PM
Hey guys we all know that misunderstandings do happen, emotions can run a little "hot" and things are said (posted on forums) in those moments. However, if this does get sorted out it would be nice to see that posted too...

Hicksy96
07-22-2010, 10:52 AM
I would just like to say that the SHOCKERS and PARIS SPORTS have come to a conclusion and this issue has been resolved. Thanks to Rob and Kyle for there part.

Tiny27
07-22-2010, 12:01 PM
I would just like to say that the SHOCKERS and PARIS SPORTS have come to a conclusion and this issue has been resolved. Thanks to Rob and Kyle for there part.

glad yas got it resolved,

and thx for the update hicksy cheers

Legend 94
07-22-2010, 08:08 PM
Classy move Hicksy96... Good luck with your touney this weekend.