View Full Version : best cleats

monkeyspanker55
04-12-2006, 09:41 PM
was wonering whats better tanels ringors or 3 n 2
state if you have tried both all 3 or just one

Jon_Sportsguy
04-12-2006, 09:46 PM
I personally have Tanel's, and dont see myself changing any time soon as Im VERY happy with them. But all 3 are good cleats.. its kinda like which bat is better.. Freak or syn2.. alot has to do with Feel

Jon

milf19
04-12-2006, 11:12 PM
I personally have Tanel's, and dont see myself changing any time soon as Im VERY happy with them. But all 3 are good cleats.. its kinda like which bat is better.. Freak or syn2.. alot has to do with Feel

Jon

I have to agree with Jon, I have Tanel's and don't see myself changing

NorthernPF
04-13-2006, 12:14 AM
I bought a pair of tanels last year and I can tell you that if and why they wear out, a new pair of tanels will be heading my way thumbs-yes

Wilkie
04-13-2006, 01:43 AM
I have worn Tanels and Ringors and wont be changing out of the Tanels for ball any time soon! I just love the feel of them. The ringors arent bad but their not Tanels.

IceTech
04-13-2006, 07:36 AM
I will go with the Tanels

Cheers
Kevin L

gibson_x
04-13-2006, 07:50 AM
I've only tried the Tanels, and I too cannot see myself changing anytime soon. The best pair of cleats I've ever put on by far thumbs-yes

shifty1
04-13-2006, 12:50 PM
Holy Tanel batman..... ;) :D

I will say the same as everyone above. Cant see wearing anything else. :cool:

Deuce
04-13-2006, 12:56 PM
Looks like a tanel landslide!

Vale
04-13-2006, 01:31 PM
sorry Neil but I am a ringors fan I like the look of them and the feel of them, may not be as comfortable as tanels but the look makes up for it

edavis
04-13-2006, 02:59 PM
You are basing you review on cleats on their looks? :aargh:

Vale
04-13-2006, 03:05 PM
no I have wore the Ringors (not mine) and I loved them but the looks were awesome too, as for the tanel I am sure they are comfy too, but I don't like the looks either.

You are basing you review on cleats on their looks? :aargh:

NT23
04-13-2006, 08:45 PM
I'm pretty sure that you'll know my answer. LOL
Tanels. For comfort, weight and performance; Tanels cannot be beat.

Whoo Hoo
Neil

proshop
04-14-2006, 12:15 AM
i have had all three.plus others over the years and i'm going with tanels from now on.

Tsuga
04-16-2006, 09:14 AM
I have a heel problem. They hurt after every tournament last year. I tried on the 3N2 and it's like walking on clouds. I also have wide and small feet and 3N2 are made for wider feet. I also have a little bit of speed and they grab the grass like sprinter shoes with great lateral movements. I have tried on the tanel but not worn them on the field. They seem to be a bit narrow.

Dave
04-16-2006, 09:53 AM
I just made the switch to Tanel's this year, and I'll tell ya, the feel is incredible. Easily the most comfortable pair of cleats I have ever worn. Can't see myself going to another shoe now....

Bigshawn
04-16-2006, 10:49 AM
I have tried on Tanels and Ringors. They are both very comfy. I'm going with Tanels, I'm just waiting for Evan to get back to me (he's working on a pair for me right now).

Rampage
04-16-2006, 07:10 PM
I've had the Tanels, 3N2, Nike's, and Easton cleats and I have felt nothing compared to the tanel.

I myself have had knee problems and ever since switching to the Tanels the knees felt a lot better after each tournament and the days after games.

I have recommended them to all players on my team and they see the first hand effects that they've had on me. thumbs-yes

shifty1
04-17-2006, 10:24 AM
sorry Neil but I am a ringors fan I like the look of them and the feel of them, may not be as comfortable as tanels but the look makes up for it

They must match your purse, lol.

Who bases it on looks?? ;) :D

I will never sacrifice comfort for looks.... whether it be cleats or a wife. :eek: :D
Please dont tell her I said that. :eek: :D

shifty1
04-17-2006, 10:31 AM
I also have a little bit of speed and they grab the grass like sprinter shoes with great lateral movements. I have tried on the tanel but not worn them on the field. They seem to be a bit narrow.

I have slightly wide feet and find these great. Not that I have wide enough feet that I have problem finding footwear though.
As for grip... the Tanels are fantastic.

Ask Monkeypumper55 about the grip, lol.
First time I wore mine last spring for BP/throwaround, I was turning 2, and caught my front foot on the throw to 1 and went down. The grip took some getting used to at first. And call it gimmicky, but the round cleat pattern does help with the pivot (I am a SS).

How is the durability with your 3N2's? I have no experience with them, but hear they have serious durability issues (but are very comfortable, like a running shoe).

Although I am very pro Tanel, I cant say whether they are any better than their closest competitors (which seems to be the Ringors, 3n2's etc), at least not firsthand opinions.

Anyone try the Puma's?? I have heard a few people talk highly of them but have never really noticed them.

pureevil
04-17-2006, 03:35 PM
I guess you know my choice too.Tanels all the way for comfort and price.

Tsuga
04-18-2006, 09:25 PM
How is the durability with your 3N2's? I have no experience with them, but hear they have serious durability issues (but are very comfortable, like a running shoe).

I have not used them much except for about 5 2hour practices, so I can't tell you about the durability. However, they are very comfortable, almost like wearing running shoes with cleats. The grip is very good also. I like the cleat configuration with 5 at the front and 4 at the back, it gives you great lateral movement.