View Full Version : Would you rather have A,B,C,D,E rankings or Elite and Intermidate like NSA???

Deuce
02-25-2005, 12:26 PM
Do you prefer SPO and SPN style ranking system or do you like NSA's idea (see post NSA wants you to play up) Let us know what you think...and also make suggestions...

Big Daddy
02-25-2005, 04:30 PM
i hate how spo and spn rank there teams. Nsa sounds like it would work but i have never played nsa so i"m be interested in seeing how that works. personally i think anyone who plays spo and spn should have a players card with there picture and divison they are aloud to play in, if there team wins say 2-3 tourneys in one season then they will be bumped next year and be issued new player id cards and a new division just a thought.

Deuce
02-25-2005, 05:35 PM
don't even need the pic on it....just drivers lic # look at both pcs of i.d . and you need players cards at every tourny....could work

monkeyspanker55
02-26-2005, 12:50 AM
don't even need the pic on it....just drivers lic # look at both pcs of i.d . and you need players cards at every tourny....could work

i agree every player that goes to provincials/nationals should have a number issued to them
i know i know admin fees would go up so what less lol maybe even less sandbagging
but then again even when you have a good weekend in niagara and make it past the bump line they still screw up and place your team in the wrong spot lol no bump next year

fish 24
02-27-2005, 07:28 PM
I just can't wait to play a tourny or 2 in the new NSA style

Deuce
03-01-2005, 12:22 PM
So far these results are shocking....how can everyone ***** and complane about sandbagging, and spn, yet they are winning I am a little confused...can anyone help me out?

Chug48
03-01-2005, 03:03 PM
So far these results are shocking....how can everyone ***** and complane about sandbagging, and spn, yet they are winning I am a little confused...can anyone help me out?

Perhaps it is the "sandbaggers" doing the voting,lol.

I have played both an dfind the NSA style a little better in the fact it finds the cracks in the gaps and fills them, that si why I jumped on board with the NSA, it took one tournament last year to make me want to switch!!

Take Care

monkeyspanker55
03-01-2005, 05:39 PM

for last 6 -7 years ive played e in niagara never made it to fourth game last year we had a avg team got a good draw and sneeked in to next round by 1 run
then we played some other avg teams
made it to top 32 met a team there very avg lost by a cpl
the bump they had 2 yrs ago helped
but eventually it'll get to big keep bumping 32 teams from e to d and only 16 from d to c

if we all got carded like they do in rep systems then theres no messing around
it should all be computerized
always ways around it i know but makes it tougher?
in years past we'd play 3 games get checked 2 times last year we play 7 gamesnot once??????

KMKjr
03-02-2005, 02:41 PM
Should have only 3 divisions total. Elite, Intermidiate and Rec. That would get rid of all the sandbaggers.

edavis
04-03-2005, 08:10 PM
for last 6 -7 years ive played e in niagara never made it to fourth game last year we had a avg team got a good draw and sneeked in to next round by 1 run
then we played some other avg teams
made it to top 32 met a team there very avg lost by a cpl
the bump they had 2 yrs ago helped
but eventually it'll get to big keep bumping 32 teams from e to d and only 16 from d to c

if we all got carded like they do in rep systems then theres no messing around
it should all be computerized
always ways around it i know but makes it tougher?
in years past we'd play 3 games get checked 2 times last year we play 7 gamesnot once??????

First of all, i have to say that was an all-out verbal assault of the English language.

I do agree that there should be some sort of carding system implemented, but the cost would be higher than the sanctions would be willing to pay.

Deuce
04-12-2005, 09:21 AM
Well with all the money they are stealing off us in insurance costs, i am sure they could figure something out :bit-wallb did i say that out loud???

jaybird
01-23-2006, 09:32 PM
I like the card system, that would help alot with sandbagging, but I don't understand how they rate you in NSA CANADA . I played in one tourny with a rec team ,and we were playing against full C teams and mixed C,B teams.
Iknow this from faces and people I know.Also for an example in SPO&SPN
you may be rated an A team in SPO and a B team in SPN .

Jay
cheers

Rampage
01-23-2006, 10:51 PM
I like the NSA rankings. We'rean E team and when we played in the NSA tournament we got to play Tank and Andre teams, as well as a few other good D SPN teams and we held our own. All games we played in we either lost by 1 or won by 1.

The whole team loved it.

I know that if SPN ever wanted to implement a real system I would be more then happy to design a Database with Web access to all SPN officials to update as the season goes and then all players to view and see where they are ranked. It would be a tracking system kept throughout the year with all tournament finishes listed.

Deuce
01-23-2006, 10:55 PM
you should contact NSA head office they might be interested

bigroddy
07-04-2006, 02:14 PM
Yeah...a tracking system would be very easy to create...but probably a PITA to make sure it's used and updated thoroughly

SCOTTY34
07-04-2006, 04:38 PM
I think a carded system would be the way to go, but again, costs.....

bighead
07-04-2006, 05:33 PM
Carded system, great.
The way NSA runs a tourney, great. They do need to break it up a bit in terms of different divisions. 1 or 2 divisions more. What happens when NSA really takes off in a couple of years and true REC teams will get frustrated because there are always getting there A$$ kicked.
(certain) teams will always want to sandbag. Not sure why? Why would you want to say you came first or 2nd in Rec when you can say you came 3rd or 4th in C, D. Your team will not get any better if you don't play better teams.
There just needs to be better control on rankings period.

otherbob7
07-04-2006, 05:45 PM
I agree as well... there needs to be some kind of system set up to control teams playing in divisions they are not suppose to be.
I know costs are always a factor but here is idea that I am going to throw out there...
Each player should be issued a card with player ranking for a min of 2 years in all slo-pitch organizations. Which would be accessible on the internet for all organizations and team managers and convenors to access.
To make this work all teams rosters should be examined before the tourney by the convenor. All organizations need to set up one percentage of how many players you can have from different divisions as teams sometimes need to pick up players for a weekend. And the convenors should have the right to change the division the team applied for if their roster is stronger than normal.
Player rankings can changed based on final standings with the team they play with at any Provincials or National championship.

Could something like this be possible one system for all organizations??

Icatchn
07-05-2006, 12:39 PM
what about -- Every player is given a card with their name picture and ranking... Before each game the ump has to see every players card and another picture ID..

SCOTTY34
07-05-2006, 06:58 PM
I agree with Otherbob7 and Icatchn with the photo card idea. Again, the cost! I do think there needs to be something implimented. It doesn't matter what sanction runs a tourney, there's always going to be team that sandbag, why??? I haven't a clue, you can't get better by playing weaker teams. Just my 2 pennies worth.

Willie
07-05-2006, 08:12 PM
No photo id's needed, simply a list of players with (social insurance or driver lic so they can be verified) that the tourney convenor has access to. IE: the nsa canada website, when a roster is submitted, the director checks that all players meet the criteria for the level applied for. Every convenor through the director can bump the team or even better to stop sandbagging, take thier money and when they show up to play, suspend them and keep the money. wouldn't have to happen too often for people not to take the chance any more. I know it sounds cruel, but this has been going on in slopitch since it started (I know, i've been convening and playing for over 30 years.)