View Full Version : Freak or not to Freak???

fish 24
03-19-2006, 04:49 PM
would you spend the $650 they are going for now or would you buy to other bats???

that is the question

I personally would buy a 2 Flexes for that price ...I sold my freaks last year as soon as I swung the Flex thumbs-yes

Jon_Sportsguy
03-19-2006, 05:58 PM
If someone was willing to pay the $$ for me, or I got the $$ as a gift.. maybe, but other then that no. $650cdn is rediculous. Having said that.. I will continue to swing the ones I have till they are gone.

Jon

Bigshawn
03-19-2006, 06:20 PM
I would buy 2 Freak 98 and 5 cases of beer :D for $650

Big Daddy
03-19-2006, 06:45 PM
your an absolute retard if you spend more than 450 for a brand new freak100 and a moron if you spend 350 or more on a used one. they are the best asa bat over 450 for a bat is crazy.

Big Daddy
03-19-2006, 06:56 PM
hey fish bye the way were have you seen them go for 650. If you have, he or she is trying to cash in while this so called freak frenzy is going on instead of giving a board member a better deal like 450-475 would be fair but people like this dont care about this softball board just looing to make a quik buck and run.The whole idea of this board and others were for softballers to go find some FAIR prices not steals and save some money to bad its getting like this. Pay no attention to people trying to rip you off if your patiant enough you can find nice condition ones for around 280-320 on sbf.

Jon_Sportsguy
03-19-2006, 07:23 PM
$650 is a little high. Those prices sound like they belong in a retail store. True the boards are for people to help people out, but the value of that bat has gone crazy!

Jon

fish 24
03-19-2006, 07:32 PM
look on the buy sell board

Big Daddy
03-19-2006, 10:07 PM
would it not be reasonable to ask 450-475 and give some a chance to be able to buy one just my two cents if someone is dumb enough to pay 650 for this bat then i guess more power to the seller. but if you want that kind of money and dont want to give a board brother a fair price take it to e-bay. :thumbsdn2

Wilkie
03-19-2006, 10:37 PM
would it not be reasonable to ask 450-475 and give some a chance to be able to buy one just my two cents if someone is dumb enough to pay 650 for this bat then i guess more power to the seller. but if you want that kind of money and dont want to give a board brother a fair price take it to e-bay. :thumbsdn2
totally agree, take it to ebay at those prices!

bacon21
03-19-2006, 11:35 PM
I spent alot of my first Freak, I dont know if I would get rid of it know though.
I think there is alot of players just getting into buying high end bats and they missed the bus a long time ago before when the bats where cheaper and know they want a bat that they know you cant get anymore.

NT23
03-20-2006, 01:50 AM
"Just givin' a fellow board brother the chance for a deal"? Blah, blah, blah. You don't like the price, don't buy the bat. Simple math, I'd say.
"Buy/Sell/Trade Softball Gear" is where the products are posted, not "Buy/Sell/Trade and give a 'baller brother a deal", board.
Money makes the world go 'round. You don't know everyone's $$ situation; maybe they need the cash real bad so they're trying to get what they can. Maybe they're lookin' for quick $ for ??? Maybe they don't need the money, but they say "what the h*ll". IT'S THEIR BAT!!! They can say any price that they want.
My wife and I are looking at buying another house. We went and saw a house that we had heard about. $518,900 was what they were asking for it. Realistic price? We didn't believe that house warranted a half million price tag, but maybe to someone else it does. We thanked the realtor and we left. We didn't tell her that she's gouging, or that she should give a fellow home owning "Brother" a deal. We simply said thanks, but no thanks and moved on.
I've spent years "givin' deals" and you know what it gets you? ZERO loyalty!! When someone comes in $1 cheaper you poor board brothers jump ship.
I've got a Freak 100 on there for $625 and realistically I don't give a rat's f*ck if I sell it or not. I'm testing the waters and I'd be a right idiot if I was to give it away at some stupidly low price just to make some "board brother" feel warm and fuzzy that he got some wonderful deal from a fellow brother.
Look at Balldawg and Skater Boy. They've done you guys quite well on here and some of the other boards for a couple of years now. Gave you some smokin' deals and saved you some cash. Last little while a couple of other sellers come on here and beat their prices by what? $10...$20? and low and behold you guys all move on to the new source.
What message does that send? Loyalty? BAH!!
When some guy sends me an e-mail saying that they'll pay $300 for a $600 product, do I type their name on here and cry to my "board brothers" about it, or do I simply say "Thanks, but no thanks"?
Don't lose sleep over it, lads. Sales is a two way street, just say "thanks, but no thanks" and move on.

Thanks, now I feel better.
Whoo Hoo
Neil

Wilkie
03-20-2006, 01:53 AM
A little testy are we????

NT23
03-20-2006, 01:57 AM
Not in the least; just a realist I guess.

Whoo Hoo
Neil

NorthernPF
03-20-2006, 05:15 AM
Well I already have 2 Freaks so I think I'd save some money and buy a T22C6, I know what you're thinking....I wouldn't be saving a lot of money but still!

edavis
03-20-2006, 09:41 AM
"Just givin' a fellow board brother the chance for a deal"? Blah, blah, blah. You don't like the price, don't buy the bat. Simple math, I'd say.
"Buy/Sell/Trade Softball Gear" is where the products are posted, not "Buy/Sell/Trade and give a 'baller brother a deal", board.
Money makes the world go 'round. You don't know everyone's $$ situation; maybe they need the cash real bad so they're trying to get what they can. Maybe they're lookin' for quick $ for ??? Maybe they don't need the money, but they say "what the h*ll". IT'S THEIR BAT!!! They can say any price that they want.
My wife and I are looking at buying another house. We went and saw a house that we had heard about. $518,900 was what they were asking for it. Realistic price? We didn't believe that house warranted a half million price tag, but maybe to someone else it does. We thanked the realtor and we left. We didn't tell her that she's gouging, or that she should give a fellow home owning "Brother" a deal. We simply said thanks, but no thanks and moved on.
I've spent years "givin' deals" and you know what it gets you? ZERO loyalty!! When someone comes in $1 cheaper you poor board brothers jump ship.
I've got a Freak 100 on there for $625 and realistically I don't give a rat's f*ck if I sell it or not. I'm testing the waters and I'd be a right idiot if I was to give it away at some stupidly low price just to make some "board brother" feel warm and fuzzy that he got some wonderful deal from a fellow brother.
Look at Balldawg and Skater Boy. They've done you guys quite well on here and some of the other boards for a couple of years now. Gave you some smokin' deals and saved you some cash. Last little while a couple of other sellers come on here and beat their prices by what? $10...$20? and low and behold you guys all move on to the new source.
When some guy sends me an e-mail saying that they'll pay $300 for a $600 product, do I type their name on here and cry to my "board brothers" about it, or do I simply say "Thanks, but no thanks"?
Don't lose sleep over it, lads. Sales is a two way street, just say "thanks, but no thanks" and move on.

Whoo Hoo
Neil

You want to point out who these other sellers are? You can PM me if you would like.

Balldawg
03-20-2006, 11:15 AM
I would like to add my .02 cents to this, first I have been on this board since it's conception.
I really do not believe anyone that makes a post is trying to gouge....maybe trying to get market value.
First alittle about Neil (NT23)
Neil has been in the softball community along time, I have had the pleasure of playing against and with Neil at a high level and win or lose he is the perfect gentlemen (Except at Nationals in our game with Quebec LOL) Does this have a impact on the question at hand here? I believe so because it shows his integrity...which goes along way here.
He would not post this so I will Neil was owed money from someone (not important) and received bats for compensation at todays value. I know that he has 325.00 into the Freak 98's he posted (Only asking 300.00) and 550..00 into the Freak 100, so he was asking 650.00 OBO either way he loses here. If someone won a Freak 100 in a $5.00 raffle and posted it for 500.00 NIW would we say he's ripping us off at a 495.00 profit? if not look at the profit Neil is making or should I say trying to recoup!
We are all big boys on here, make your choices and move on.
I know my prices which I offer are more than fair(Not always the lowest) but I will always be asked to do better because "It's selling in the US for" so be it, I don't rant, I move on, if I can do it I will.
Mark I have done numerous deals with you and I would vouch for you anytime, you are a stand up guy..some deals are great (Like a NIW Blue PST for 310.00 which you got thumbs-yes unheard of price) Some are high..look at what Titanium bats sell for..All and all unless we know a sellers situation..give them the benefit of the doubt.
What is a bat worth? It is worth what someone is willing to pay for it!!

edavis
03-20-2006, 11:45 AM
Well said....now turn the bold off....

NT23
03-20-2006, 11:55 AM

LOL.

Whoo Hoo

shifty1
03-20-2006, 12:23 PM
"Look at Balldawg and Skater Boy. They've done you guys quite well on here and some of the other boards for a couple of years now. Gave you some smokin' deals and saved you some cash. Last little while a couple of other sellers come on here and beat their prices by what? $10...$20? and low and behold you guys all move on to the new source.

Who is offering bats cheaper then them?? I know personally I am pretty loyal to them (I have done a ton of deals with Mike, Towner and Evan). In fact the only other NIW bat I have bought outside of them was from Jon, who is a friend (I have met or played with him several times)... and you wanna know why he's a friend.. he sold me a NIW Freak for $300 shipped, when we both knew he could got upwards of $350 at the time. :D

I think that both opinions have flaws. On one hand, I dont like it much when people come on here and look to make a ridiculous amount on a bat (but I also dont care cause I am way to cheap to waste my $ on it - buyer beware ;) ), but I also think that people should be free to ask for whatever they want, if they CHOOSE to hook someone up (as Jon did for me), then that is their choice.

The reason that Towner/skaterboy and Evan etc have made the name for themselves is mainly because they tend to offer their equipment at fair prices, and seem to choose a quantity of deals making a smaller profit over selling the odd bat here and there at a big markup.

I will be the first to admit, I wont buy from them just based on who they are, if I feel they are priced too high (or out of my range), then I walk away (wouldnt be the first time to be honest, I have walked away from each and every one of them), but they have to see a certain amount from each deal, and I trust that they are giving the best price they can. I dont expect them to be loyal to me, and offer me bats cheaper than anyone else, so they cant expect me to pay more than I would elsewhere.

That being said, if I get a similar price from someone I trust (like those mentioned above), I will certainly pay the extra $10 to support them and reassure myself I am dealing with someone solid.

For the record Neil, I am absolutely not singling out your Freak post, the Freak is a whole seperate animal. Its a sellers market and they tend to sell for a really high price (getting higher by the day). I have 2 of them, and although I could prolly pull in $8-$900 for them, I will be happy knowing I wont be choked cause I cant afford one (or refuse to pay a high price). I will just swing the chit outta what I have till they're gone, then find another gamer.

Were Freaks not $499 retail when the stores had them (so $575 after tax)?? If so, then whats the harm in asking retail or a little above for the "hottest" bat commodity out there? Rarity comes at a charge.

My answer - I would buy 2 bats before I ever spent that kinda $ on a Freak.. they are great bats, but not that much better than other high end ones. I can get similar distance with a TZ when I get ahold of one. :cool:
Fortunately my 2 only cost me $300cad and a taper dented LS PST and $50.

Balldawg
03-20-2006, 12:25 PM
OKAY HOW ABOUT THIS!!! I CAN CHANGE THE COLOR ALSO :D
I JUST WANT TO BE RESPECTED HAHA

shifty1
03-20-2006, 12:30 PM
OKAY HOW ABOUT THIS!!! I CAN CHANGE THE COLOR ALSO :D
I JUST WANT TO BE RESPECTED HAHA

Well it does kinda suit you. ;) :D

edavis
03-20-2006, 12:35 PM
I can get similar distance with a TZ when I get ahold of one. :cool:

Let me know when you "get ahold of one".....:bit-norty

NT23
03-20-2006, 12:59 PM
First alittle about Neil (NT23)
Neil has been in the softball community along time, I have had the pleasure of playing against and with Neil at a high level and win or lose he is the perfect gentlemen (Except at Nationals in our game with Quebec LOL)

Now let's get that straight, Paul. My 'vent' was at a gentleman with the last name Miller, not at our Quebec neighbours. LOL
Man o man, that was 11 or 12 years ago. That team we had was pretty strong, eh? How many National and Provincial Championships combined since then? Oy Vay!!

Whoo Hoo
Neil

shifty1
03-20-2006, 02:08 PM
Let me know when you "get ahold of one".....:bit-norty

Will do. :D

You will have to get in line though.... I have at least a dozen teammates that have been waiting waaaaaaay longer than you. ;) :D

Just so we are clear, it doesnt matter that when I "get ahold of one" its only 220 feet, the fact that I can hit that max 220 with the Freak as well as the TZ is the point. :help:

KMKjr
03-20-2006, 05:44 PM

Whoo Hoo
Neil
You speak the truth O' wise one!!

There is nothing wrong with making $$.

People have to understand: Price and Value are 2 different things.

Bigshawn
03-20-2006, 07:33 PM
NT23 good luck on selling your bat. It is your bat and you can ask what ever you want for it. The Freak 100 asking price on other boards is up to $700. Some people have gotten out of hand with there opinion ( IMO ). The question was "would you spend $650 they are going for now(not, what is being asked in the BUY/Sell/Trade) or would buy 2 other bats?". There was no need to point fingers here or ridicule anyone. I have posted my 2 cents about the question and I would truly buy 2 Freak 98's because I think the 98 is not that far behind the 100. I'm not bashing anyone in particular but one of our brothers was bashed and there was no need for it. Good luck NT23

NT23
03-20-2006, 08:29 PM
Thanks Shawn...it's all good. Looks like the bat is gone.

Whoo Hoo
Neil

Balldawg
03-20-2006, 09:08 PM
Thanks Shawn...it's all good. Looks like the bat is gone.

Whoo Hoo
Neil
Are you kidding me? Who did you sucker in to pay that price? :notworthy

Just kidding, it will probably go to ebay and sell for more.
Did anyone notice I have a 27oz for ONLY 425.00? thumbs-yes Thats a deal at twice the price.
Please note my trademark bold, has been eliminated :mad:

Big Daddy
03-21-2006, 03:00 AM
hehehehe!!!! i love this board.

fish 24
03-21-2006, 08:17 PM
wow this post has turned in to a hot topic LOL

dieselboy99
03-21-2006, 08:38 PM
I hit the Synergy 2 better than the Freak 100 so I will sell the rest of my used ones real soon.
Call the avatar police someone stole mine

NT23
03-22-2006, 08:11 PM
Evidently someone thought $650 wasn't too much. Just collected $650 for my Freak 100.
The prices are crazy and they're only gonna get crazier.

Whoo Hoo
Neil

Dave
03-22-2006, 11:00 PM
Evidently someone thought $650 wasn't too much. Just collected $650 for my Freak 100.
The prices are crazy and they're only gonna get crazier.

Whoo Hoo
Neil

Yep, I agree Neil. And the Syn 2 will be right behind.

Dave

fish 24
03-23-2006, 06:30 PM
that is why you are trading my your syn 2 lol

NT23
03-23-2006, 08:46 PM
Just sold #2...That's 2 of them gone at $650.
The market will bear these prices and, wait and see, they'll only go up from here. Can you say $800 by June??

BTW...did anyone see the ONLY NIW Freak 100 on e-bay has 3 days, 2 hrs left on it and it's already at $601 CDN?? WOW!!! Can you say $800 by June??
http://cgi.ebay.ca/NIW-ORIGINAL-MIK...1QQcmdZViewItem
Thought I'd add the e-bay link just to prove it to all the nay-sayers.

Hmmmm...now what do I do with my 3rd and final Freak 100?????

Whoo Hoo
Neil

Wilkie
03-23-2006, 08:49 PM
Just sold #2...That's 2 of them gone at $650.
The market will bear these prices and, wait and see, they'll only go up from here. Can you say $800 by June??

BTW...did anyone see the ONLY NIW Freak 100 on e-bay has 3 days, 2 hrs left on it and it's already at $601 CDN?? WOW!!! Can you say $800 by June??
http://cgi.ebay.ca/NIW-ORIGINAL-MIK...1QQcmdZViewItem
Thought I'd add the e-bay link just to prove it to all the nay-sayers.

Hmmmm...now what do I do with my 3rd and final Freak 100?????

Whoo Hoo
Neil

How many threads are you going to write this under????? :D

NT23
03-23-2006, 08:55 PM
How many threads are you going to write this under????? :D

I'm still looking...I'll let you know soon. LOL

Whoo Hoo
Neil

NT23
03-25-2006, 08:44 PM
HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Today's e-bay link: http://search.ebay.ca//search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=%22Miken+Freak+100%22

Oy Vay...2 NIW Freak 100's. One at $602 CAD and one at $612 CAD.
Stop the madness...Argggghhhhhhhhhh!! LOL

Whoo Hoo
Neil

NT23
03-29-2006, 12:41 AM
OY VAY!!!!!! http://cgi.ebay.ca/Extremely-rare-TRUE-1ST-BATCH-NIW-Miken-Freak-100_W0QQitemZ7230399873QQcategoryZ50800QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Whoo Hoo
Neil

Wilkie
03-29-2006, 01:06 AM
Now that is riduculous! :puke:

Deuce
03-29-2006, 08:08 AM
That is crazy...this whole freak thing is crazy...3 weeks a go if you wanted one good luck, now they are every where for $400+ amzing how when the prices jack up people no longer need the bat they so truly love and they put them up for sale for another die hard freak lover to purchase at the low price!

The Chad
03-29-2006, 08:14 AM
That is crazy...this whole freak thing is crazy...3 weeks a go if you wanted one good luck, now they are every where for $400+ amzing how when the prices jack up people no longer need the bat they so truly love and they put them up for sale for another die hard freak lover to purchase at the low price!

Your so right Jesse but for most money talks.

edavis
03-29-2006, 09:41 AM
In my case, I have four of them. Im looking to get rid of two of the four I have, because it doesnt make sense to have four Freaks.

Money does talk, and it is talking quite a bit lately when it comes to these bats.

tlby13
03-29-2006, 09:56 AM
I voted yes before I read the entire poll. I would not pay the $650 that they are asking for them now, but I did spend $325 over the winter to pick one up, and I'm happy with my purchase. Just think of all the other bats you can buy with $650 these days.

The Chad
03-29-2006, 09:59 AM
The best time to sell anything is when the market is in demand.I'd like to see what the Syn 2 may go for in the future.Who know's

KMKjr
03-29-2006, 02:02 PM
I have a TPS Advanced and XXL I'm saving too. And when they are no longer available, I'll be selling for way over the $20.00 they are worth now :D .