View Full Version : Have you used a Juiced/illegal bat in more then 1 game?

t_dog_lxi
08-24-2005, 10:25 PM
I just want to get an idea of how many people bring and use illegal bats to games. I don't mean a bat that has been viced. I mean an altered bat or a painted Ultra.

I will keep the poll private so nobody can see your answers. If you want to reveal yourself you can.

Myself I have used a juiced bat 1 time, just to try it. I still think I hit my stock Freak100 better. I don't own any altered bats, and I don't think ever will, it's just not in me.

THIS ISN"T A DESCUSION OF WETHER VICING IS ALTERING A BAT, SO LEAVE THAT OUT!

KMKjr
08-24-2005, 10:26 PM
Once in league ball but something didn't feel right, so never again.

t_dog_lxi
08-24-2005, 10:29 PM
Once in league ball but something didn't feel right, so never again.

Were you sitting there waiting for me to post this? I didn't even hit submit and you had a reply already :confused:

Quick man, quick.

madog69
08-24-2005, 10:36 PM
I just want to get an idea of how many people bring and use illegal bats to games. I don't mean a bat that has been viced. I mean an altered bat or a painted Ultra.

I will keep the poll private so nobody can see your answers. If you want to reveal yourself you can.

Myself I have used a juiced bat 1 time, just to try it. I still think I hit my stock Freak100 better. I don't own any altered bats, and I don't think ever will, it's just not in me.

THIS ISN"T A DESCUSION OF WETHER VICING IS ALTERING A BAT, SO LEAVE THAT OUT!
are you talking about my syn+ and no your freak or freak+ don't even come close to that bat.and no i have never used it in a game myself but a few other people borrowed it and used it

KMKjr
08-25-2005, 07:31 AM
Were you sitting there waiting for me to post this? I didn't even hit submit and you had a reply already :confused:

Quick man, quick.
That's what the wife tells me....

t_dog_lxi
08-26-2005, 09:59 PM
are you talking about my syn+ and no your freak or freak+ don't even come close to that bat.and no i have never used it in a game myself but a few other people borrowed it and used it

Considering that your's is altered, they shouldn't. But I just couldn't hit the Syn+ in that 1 at bat. It did however smoke the Freak+'s at that BP session!

KMKjr
08-26-2005, 10:05 PM
Can nobody admit it? From all the sh^t thrown out about it....some of us have to own up to it.

madog69
08-27-2005, 01:35 AM
Considering that your's is altered, they shouldn't. But I just couldn't hit the Syn+ in that 1 at bat. It did however smoke the Freak+'s at that BP session!
well i remember you took about 5 hits with it 1 hammered off the fence 2 went over and 2 went straight up.and yes you did smoke the ball that day with the freak+ you hit quite a few that day thumbs-yes in reality juicing will add a little distance but the big thing it does is make the sweetspot bigger.

Chug48
08-27-2005, 08:20 PM
The day I need to use a juiced bat to hit in slo-pitch is the day I quit period!!

I think anyone using them in a National or Provincial competition and gets caught should have a LIFETIME BAN!!

No excuses, no sorry it won't happen again, just bye bye!!

I have tested some out in BP but the one I hated and actually folded in 20 swings the other was sick hot, but who needs it for anything? For homerun derbies etc, perfect put on a show, but not in a game period!

Take Care

milf19
08-28-2005, 10:30 PM
The day I need to use a juiced bat to hit in slo-pitch is the day I quit period!!

I think anyone using them in a National or Provincial competition and gets caught should have a LIFETIME BAN!!

No excuses, no sorry it won't happen again, just bye bye!!

I have tested some out in BP but the one I hated and actually folded in 20 swings the other was sick hot, but who needs it for anything? For homerun derbies etc, perfect put on a show, but not in a game period!

Take Care

i totally agree Chug. My syn2 is hot as hell and is a tank. For those who think they need a juiced bat just to add 30 ft, all you need to do is improve your hitting. Learn to hit hard liners, go opposite field, etc...

I use different bats in different circumstances, but there is no need to go yard every time.

Dave
08-29-2005, 04:48 PM
I could not in the right mind use a juiced bat. I've got a fast swing to begin with, and get great ball speed. To use something juiced, and hurt someone, would haunt me.
I think you should be banned at any level of play in Slo-Pitch, and in all associations for doing so.

Dave

softballking
09-01-2005, 01:23 AM
I've got a juiced bat, but my coaches won't let me use it in a game. :confused: But if I play in a league next year with my coaches like were discussing. I may bring it just in case someone on the other team uses a juiced bat.:D I'll call them on the juiced bat first of course with the legal bat list, and then if they use it I may pull out my juiced bat. However most likely I won't pull it out, but I may get a picture of one of there players using there juiced bat and lodge a complaint including said picture with the league president, and let him handle it.

shifty1
09-01-2005, 03:39 PM
A picture wont provide enough proof. ;)

I have never knowingly swung a juiced bat. I used a SS PST Max this year on a throw together team, and the owner advised me it was after I popped out to 1st.

I did take one as an add on to a trade awhile back, but it was gone just as fast as I got it. I dont do HR derbies very often, no need for one.

Anyone that needs one to hit a ball thats being thrown underhand (with an arc to boot) shouldnt be playing. And I agree with Chug, anyone caught swinging a juiced/painted bat in sanctioned play should be banned for life.

KMKjr
09-02-2005, 07:45 AM
There is a big difference in using a "juced" bat and an illegal bat.

If the bat is what it says on the barrel, the fielders & pitcher know what is coming. Umps notices bat and throws it and/or the player out.

It's when you get a modified bat (painted, etc...) and then pow.....ball in the face cause you wern't expecting the shot, thats when its really wrong. No way to know what is being actually swung and what kind of pop you are dealing with.

Duke of Durham
09-03-2005, 12:27 PM
Closest thing i've ever swung to juiced bat is an Ultra, never in a game though, just out taking hacks for ****s and giggles.
I don't think that it is nessasary or fair play at all, but there are always some who feel that winning is most important.
The only place for a juiced bat is in ahome run derby where everyone has one and the pitcher is behind a cage.
just my opinion.
Later Ken :help:

number32
10-05-2005, 04:50 PM
i agree with all of you there is no place for a juiced bat on a playing field if you can't hit them out with all of the legal bats to choose from then it just wasn't meant to be for you sorry about your luck.

using a juiced bat is like attempted murder, u could really hurt someone.
i've seen guys using cored out syn 2's in mixed those types of people should be hung up by their balls and banned for life

Bpratt34
10-06-2005, 10:32 PM
i bought a painted ultra and used it in 1 game just to hit it and then sold it..

proshop
10-31-2005, 04:58 PM
never used one and never will.the risk of getting caught and not being able to play for a number of years is far to great for me.

number32
10-31-2005, 10:18 PM
I don't own any altered bats, and I don't think ever will, it's just not in me.

that's funny terry. you know what i mean.

coop2
11-10-2005, 06:18 PM
I will confess I have used one in BP and homerun contests. I would never use one in a game as I am a pitcher and have way to much respect for the other person standing out there waiting to get smoked. The design of the legal bats is bad enough, no one needs some a$$hole out there thinking he is a big shot (that plays the field) swinging a juiced stick. There is way more than slo-pitch to life than risking that.

Dirtydog
11-15-2005, 06:16 AM
no real need. Most of the leagues I play in have a Homerun limit. That means I need to keep the ball down and hit line drives. I couldn't live with myself if I hurt someone using a juiced stick.

BatAddict
11-15-2005, 10:40 PM
I can honestly say ...
NO
LMAO!

Deuce
03-22-2006, 02:53 PM
HAHAHA....funny bataddict...

tommyd34
04-06-2006, 11:13 AM
no i have never but playing in belleville trenton area there is no diamonds big enough to need a juiced bat you can bunt and hit them over lol