View Full Version : Homerun Rule

bead54
07-15-2005, 10:50 AM
Does anyone else feel the Match +1 homerun rule gives the home team an unfair advantage by allowing them to hit an extra dinger? It so what, changes would you make?

tbatti
07-15-2005, 10:53 AM
My league the home team can't go + 1 in the bottom of the last inning. We play 3 + 1. After you hit your 3 you can't hit another until the opposing team hits their 3. If tyou are tied at 3 a piece in the last inning the home team CAN'T hit # 4. If you play in a league where you can yeah that's total crap.

adam
07-15-2005, 11:03 AM
I never really looked at it that way.......i do like the match + rule, though you're right, you don't want it to come down to the home team hitting a dinger to max out their homeruns........
if played properly by the home team, they can really use either rule to their advantage....

bead54
07-15-2005, 11:09 AM
My league the home team can't go + 1 in the bottom of the last inning. We play 3 + 1. After you hit your 3 you can't hit another until the opposing team hits their 3. If tyou are tied at 3 a piece in the last inning the home team CAN'T hit # 4. If you play in a league where you can yeah that's total crap.

I like that rule. Yeah, our league definitely gives the home team an advantage.

Jon_Sportsguy
07-19-2005, 11:53 AM
How many times does the +1 rule actually come into play to 'win' a game. I mean how many walk offs do you really see?

I like the rule, and I guess it is the one reason you want to be home team in games, otherwise other then tourney play, what is the point of home team?

This weekend in C it was +2 and we hit 2 in the first inning so the other team had 4 to hit, and used them as they should.
Jon

sporty.17
07-19-2005, 12:34 PM
its the same as the glass half full or half empty....it all works out in the wash

bulldog93
07-23-2005, 12:35 PM
Our league allow 3 home runs per team and then it becomes a double. Helps guys keep the same swing rather than altering to avoid hitting it out or going up the middle.

Zed
07-23-2005, 11:35 PM
Not being able to go up on HRs in the bottom of the 7th is great, but if you're playing +3 and the visiting team hasn't hit any the home team should be able to hit their 3 regardless. I had an extra inning game where there wasn't a HR hit all game and in the bottom of 8 or 9 the home team hit one out to lose the game. That's kinda dumb.

bead54
07-25-2005, 10:38 AM
How many times does the +1 rule actually come into play to 'win' a game. I mean how many walk offs do you really see?

I like the rule, and I guess it is the one reason you want to be home team in games, otherwise other then tourney play, what is the point of home team?

This weekend in C it was +2 and we hit 2 in the first inning so the other team had 4 to hit, and used them as they should.
Jon

Well as you saw last night, we choked in the bottom of the 7th. :bit-wallb
They hit their match and +1 shots to tie the game and went on to win. Like you said, doesn't happen very often, but sucks when it does. League plays doesn't really bother me, but it can really be an advantage in a close tourny game if you win the coin toss.

Jon_Sportsguy
07-25-2005, 10:47 AM
Yes last night was a good example of it. 1 in 1000 games end like that... just glad I was there to watch it..LOL

Didn't you have 2 outs at that point...?

Jon

Jon_Sportsguy
07-25-2005, 10:49 AM
we played in a tourney this weekend where you were allowed 1 per inning. We were down 3 with 2 guys on and the homer left, bottom 7... Guy didn't hit it, but it goes to show that what ever homerun rule there is, it may work for you, it may not

Jon

bead54
07-25-2005, 10:52 AM
yep....just another example of our inability to put teams away. Shok 'n Ahhh ball at it's finest! :bit-wallb :D

ValleyBoy
07-29-2005, 10:25 AM
i like the 2dh rule - where 2 guys can hit as many as they want.

Cully
07-31-2005, 11:43 AM
i like the 2dh rule - where 2 guys can hit as many as they want.

I like that better, I've played the 1dr rule but the other team can walk him, so it kind of takes away the point!

Cully
07-31-2005, 11:48 AM
I don't really care for the match hr rule, it take the bat out of the hands of the long ball hitters. But in short fields, with the bats being what they are now a day's, I guess it's a must. So in the 300+ fields, leave it open. Below that, a plus 3 should be ok!

Deuce
04-19-2006, 02:57 PM
I think NSA has a good rule...for most diamonds we play on 3 homeruns is fair to everyone!