View Full Version : warrior xxl banned???????

bigcam406
09-17-2007, 11:52 PM
team bought new warrior xxl (balanced and endloaded) in the spring.i check out the latest banned bats and i see both are no longer valid.after using both of them this season,im wondering why? my 2006 Red EST has more pop and distance than these 2. anyone have any thoughts?:confused:

ricer03
09-19-2007, 04:52 PM
maybe they were token bats , as all the other companies were getting something banned , and TPS had to offer something up .

who knows, there are many other bats on the market that are better than these that are still legal..

setter02
09-23-2007, 08:06 PM
Check the model on the Warrior. I think that the one that's being banned wasn't the one being sold at National earlier in the year as I checked for a friend .

bigcam406
09-23-2007, 10:52 PM
thanks for the info,i'll check the model numbers next weekend

ricer03
09-23-2007, 10:53 PM
no I think it is the earlier model,

the response,,, bal and endloaded,, ( blue and yellow )

at least I think those are the models,,

Rusty Shackleford
09-24-2007, 11:21 AM
no I think it is the earlier model,

the response,,, bal and endloaded,, ( blue and yellow )

at least I think those are the models,,

This is correct. But the blue Response and the Blue Warrior look very similar, so this is probably the cause of confusion. National was clearing out both models for like $80 in the spring.

Clappy
09-24-2007, 11:42 AM
i got the response.. used it for 1 at bat, dented.. what a pile of crap bat it was.. can't believe its banned.. lol

henkster
09-24-2007, 12:05 PM
I can't believe that the Worth Wicked Max is being banned, it's a good bat but IMO it's not better than the majority of ESTs or Andersons.

bigcam406
09-24-2007, 10:56 PM
checked the model number,the warrior we have is the blue endloaded bat and the model number is different than the one that is banned.wonder what the difference is between the 2? the silver warrior balanced we had was returned earlier in the season as it was dented after a few games,National replaced it with an 06 EST.thx for all your replies.thumbs-yes

Grass'N'Ass
09-25-2007, 03:41 PM
i got the response.. used it for 1 at bat, dented.. what a pile of crap bat it was.. can't believe its banned.. lol

I would have to disagree that the response is a piece of crap.
I had this bat for years now and it's a sick bat. Like all high end aluminum bats, they do dent up but the Response won't go out of round as quick as the old demarini's.

For comparison sake, I would have to say that the Response has about the same amount of pop as my Freak100 but it lacks the distance by a good 15-25 ft and the sweetspot is obviously smaller than the Freak100.

These bats were made under the +/-2 100mph rating and it's probably one of the best metal bats ever made and rates right up there with the old school EST's and ST1-Z'z. It's just too bad it lost it's grandfather status and ASA is banning the Response next year.

Definitely a bat for ppl on a budget. The crazy thing is, when you hit the bat right it sounds like a composite and makes a nice CRACK sound.

oh yeah btw, the warrior that were on sale at national recently will not be banned next year. The warriors that are banned were banned for awhile.

Btw, has anyone swung the Dynasty TPS's?!??!

Jaker
09-26-2007, 08:33 AM
Dynasty is the same as Gen X1 just another aluminum bat good for fastball just not even close to the composites of today..

BIGLOU74
10-17-2007, 10:22 PM
I have to agree,those response xxl's are a pretty good bat,no problem hittin balls over 300 ft with em.thumbs-yes

onecrutch
12-09-2008, 12:33 PM
I will have to agree with all the response stories. The bat was sick! Yes the bat would wave after just a few hits but the wave would just move around the bat barrel. The Umpire's bat ring would still fit over the wave.
I'm not a big boy but I was hitting big boy bombs using grey dots. 300? Done!!

ZR27
12-09-2008, 12:39 PM
I would have to disagree that the response is a piece of crap.
I had this bat for years now and it's a sick bat. Like all high end aluminum bats, they do dent up but the Response won't go out of round as quick as the old demarini's.

For comparison sake, I would have to say that the Response has about the same amount of pop as my Freak100 but it lacks the distance by a good 15-25 ft and the sweetspot is obviously smaller than the Freak100.

These bats were made under the +/-2 100mph rating and it's probably one of the best metal bats ever made and rates right up there with the old school EST's and ST1-Z'z. It's just too bad it lost it's grandfather status and ASA is banning the Response next year.

Definitely a bat for ppl on a budget. The crazy thing is, when you hit the bat right it sounds like a composite and makes a nice CRACK sound.

I second that... its a good sleeper bat (SB304).. it will launch a ball well over 300'.. thumbs-yes

jfrancais
12-09-2008, 01:19 PM
Yup, the 2 TPS Responses that were banned (blue balanced, gold end loaded) we banned the same time the Freak 100, Synergy 2, and Original Crush were tossed. Sucks, it was my guaranteed line drive hit bat. If you hit the sweet spot, it would give you distance for sure. Great metal bat, and much more durable than the Demarini's I've swung. I still see them swung from time to time and umpires never toss them. Most have no clue they are banned.

Oakley
12-19-2008, 04:11 PM
I just cant keep them round. no more alloys for me