View Full Version : Who will win the Stanley Cup?

capersaway
05-08-2007, 03:51 AM
Who do you think will win the Stanley Cup?

I have $25 for the person who can guess the final two teams, the winning team and the score of the final game to clinch it.

capersaway
05-08-2007, 05:41 AM
I think Buffalo will take the final in 6 games over the Ducks.

Vader
05-08-2007, 06:47 AM
Ottawa in 6 over the Ducks. Score 4-2 in final game.

Racin
05-08-2007, 07:08 AM
Buffalo in 5 vs the Ducks
Game 5 3-2 OT Final

indianoutlaw
05-08-2007, 08:38 AM
buffalo in 7 over the ducks 2-1 final score

BIGLOU74
05-08-2007, 08:44 AM
ducks in 6 over the sabres,4-2 empty net goal:D

tcoll
05-08-2007, 08:49 AM
redwings in 6 over ottawa

Deuce
05-08-2007, 09:48 AM
Ottawa over Detroit in 6... 3-1 the final....

tcoll
05-08-2007, 10:32 AM
oops forgot a score 3 to 2 wings in overtime

vegas
05-08-2007, 10:37 AM
whoever wins there will be no upset
completely different than last year where the bottom dwellers made it to the finals.

Probably the 4 best teams mad it to the semi's this year

I say Ottawa in 5 over Anaheim

Detroit took a blow with that Schneider Injury

score 3-2

tcoll
05-08-2007, 10:40 AM
that was a big blow but they still have the norris trophy winner anbd the ageless wonder still have the pioe es to win we will see what happens

KMKjr
05-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Leaves in 4.

henkster
05-08-2007, 12:10 PM
Leaves in 4.

In 4 what?, Decades. Leafs and Bruins in the conference final that yearthumbs-yes

Anyway,back to reality. Sabres in 6 over Ducks, 3-1 will be the final score

Mighty D
05-08-2007, 01:09 PM
final score 2-1
Detroit will snake buy the ducks but will never go on to beat the sens

KMKjr
05-08-2007, 01:10 PM
In 4 what?, Decades. Leafs and Bruins in the conference final that yearthumbs-yes

Anyway,back to reality. Sabres in 6 over Ducks, 3-1 will be the final score
Oh, sorry, my bad.

As bad as it hurts, think Ottawa is going to beat the Ducks in 6.

The Big K
05-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Oh, sorry, my bad.

As bad as it hurts, think Ottawa is going to beat the Ducks in 6.

you know,even tho you come from the east,i still gotta give ya props for this post,you may finally be realizing that the devils suck and you need a new team,i saved you a spot on the bandwagon,its at the very very back tho,with all the nosebleeders!:D

KMKjr
05-08-2007, 01:21 PM
you know,even tho you come from the east,i still gotta give ya props for this post,you may finally be realizing that the devils suck and you need a new team,i saved you a spot on the bandwagon,its at the very very back tho,with all the nosebleeders!:D
Thought I'd get it from Bead first, but when we got beat, we got beat. No crying here.

Hands down, Ottawa played better and you can only ride Marty's coat tails so long before you loose one.

I hope you loose (not true, cause I wan't a CDN team to win), but at least if you win, I can say we lost to the champs....lol

The Big K
05-08-2007, 01:55 PM
dont worry, i know how you feel....try being a Sens fan in the GTA!:help:

rooster_cogburn
05-08-2007, 01:58 PM
Say Ottawa over Anaheim in 6 games ... Final score 3-2 :D

madog69
05-08-2007, 04:07 PM
buffalo will win the cup....... and they will play the ducks in the finals .and the score in the last game will be 3-1

Rymes
05-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Ducks win in 5 games over the Sabres score 5-4. Travis (Trapper) Moen scroes OT winner

CX2
05-08-2007, 04:44 PM
i picked Buffalo to win at the beginning of the year when they were 10-0.Istill think they will win.I also think that Detroit will squeek in.So i guess Buffalo in 7 final score 3-1.

GO LEAFS GO!!!........:D

Bigredz75
05-08-2007, 05:33 PM
sabers in 6 over detroit 4-3 2nd ot

Icatchn
05-08-2007, 05:40 PM
Ducks over Sens in 6 games

Willie
05-09-2007, 08:10 AM
The Leafs will win the cup, mark my words.......this is golf we're talking about, right? they traditionaly have the most practice year after year after year after year.

madog69
05-09-2007, 02:48 PM
The Leafs will win the cup, mark my words.......this is golf we're talking about, right? they traditionaly have the most practice year after year after year after year.

they just signed 2 new russians eugeny summeroff and sergie teeoff.thumbs-yes

shifty1
05-09-2007, 02:51 PM
redwings in 6 over ottawa

Collyer.... you are mostly correct my friend!!!! Although I will say 7 games.

GO WINGS GO!!!

Wings in 5 over the Ducks, Sens in 6 over the Sabres.

capersaway
05-09-2007, 02:53 PM
Shifty is only the third to show love for Detroit...:eek:

madog69
05-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Collyer.... you are mostly correct my friend!!!! Although I will say 7 games.

GO WINGS GO!!!

Wings in 5 over the Ducks, Sens in 6 over the Sabres.

no yzerman no shanny no cup..... it's that simple

shifty1
05-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Shifty is only the third to show love for Detroit...:eek:

Detroit matches up VERY well with Anaheim, and they have home ice... and played the Ducks well all year.
Even without Schneider.....
Lidstrom, Chelly, Markov, Lilja, Lebda (highly underrated unknown great skating D-man), Quincy.
I cant think of any other team that could lose 2 top 4 defensemen (top 4 on virtually any team in the NHL) in Kronwall and Schneider, and still be in this good shape.

With home change, Draper/Maltby and Cleary will shut down the McDonald/Selanne/whoever else line, and the extremely potent as well as defensively responsible Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Holmstrom to overmatch the Getzlaf/Perry/Penner line. Then the 3-4 line comparisons are negligible if not also in favour of the Wings. (Bertuzzi at least appeared to be regaining strength and a stride last game).
As long as Hasek keeps playing like he is, they take the Ducks fairly easily (in my SLIGHTLY :rolleyes: Biased opinion.

People have been looking past the Wings all year (had the presidents trophy up until the Sabres last game).... why should everyone change now.:confused: :rolleyes:
3 people picking the Wings.... Nice!!!

Home Ice should be huge!!!!

shifty1
05-09-2007, 03:16 PM
no yzerman no shanny no cup..... it's that simple

Yet another insightful post from Maddog.:rolleyes: :D

OK, of the 4 remaining teams.... name the team leaders that have lots of cup winning experience (excluding the half of Detroits roster outside of Yzerman and Shanny)?

Anaheim.... Selanne, Mcdonald, Pronger?? Nope, only Niedermayer... Wings have Lidstrom... definitely no edge to the Ducks... not even close.

Ottawa - Spezza? Heatley? Alfie? Redden?.... None!!! Oh wait... did Saprykin win it with anyone???...:rolleyes: :D

Buffalo - Anyone outside of Drury??? Nope.

Goalies.... Hasek has a cup.... what other remaining starter has one???

If you're gonna bring the argument of experience and leadership.... there is not a team that can remotely come close to the Wings that is still alive in the playoffs.

And no Maddog, the fact that you think the Ottawa guys have waaaay sexier asses does not give them an advantage.:devil: :tongue:

shifty1
05-09-2007, 03:17 PM
BTW - I also think the Sharks woulda taken the Ducks if they got past the Wings.

madog69
05-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Detroit matches up VERY well with Anaheim, and they have home ice... and played the Ducks well all year.
Even without Schneider.....
Lidstrom, Chelly, Markov, Lilja, Lebda (highly underrated unknown great skating D-man), Quincy.
I cant think of any other team that could lose 2 top 4 defensemen (top 4 on virtually any team in the NHL) in Kronwall and Schneider, and still be in this good shape.

With home change, Draper/Maltby and Cleary will shut down the McDonald/Selanne/whoever else line, and the extremely potent as well as defensively responsible Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Holmstrom to overmatch the Getzlaf/Perry/Penner line. Then the 3-4 line comparisons are negligible if not also in favour of the Wings. (Bertuzzi at least appeared to be regaining strength and a stride last game).
As long as Hasek keeps playing like he is, they take the Ducks fairly easily (in my SLIGHTLY :rolleyes: Biased opinion.

People have been looking past the Wings all year (had the presidents trophy up until the Sabres last game).... why should everyone change now.:confused: :rolleyes:
3 people picking the Wings.... Nice!!!

Home Ice should be huge!!!!

the wings lost the presidents trophy playing in the worst division in the NHL..the sabres won it playing against way better teams.it's sort of a little joke among NHL hockey players when the wings win it,cause they get so many freebee points all year and makes them look better on paper than they really are.the ducks are gonna beat them into submission to big and physical for the wings and the ducks can skate.the ducks haven't even broke a sweat yet

RT
05-09-2007, 03:52 PM
dont worry, i know how you feel....try being a Sens fan in the GTA!:help:
Sens Suck!

As long as they don't win it, I'm happy :D lol

Seriously though, I think the winner will come out of the East, if only because of the lack of travel they'll have had. Det/Ana are going to be flying across two timezones twice/week. Meanwhile the Sabres/Sens will have an hour flight each way....takes it's toll.

KMKjr
05-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Sens Suck!

You didn't need the rest.

KMKjr
05-09-2007, 03:55 PM
BTW - I also think the Sharks woulda taken the Ducks if they got past the Wings.
That's like saying the Jay's would thier division if the Red Sux and Spankies were not in it...lol

The Big K
05-09-2007, 03:56 PM
the wings lost the presidents trophy playing in the worst division in the NHL..the sabres won it playing against way better teams.it's sort of a little joke among NHL hockey players when the wings win it,cause they get so many freebee points all year and makes them look better on paper than they really are.the ducks are gonna beat them into submission to big and physical for the wings and the ducks can skate.the ducks haven't even broke a sweat yet

you call points against nashville freebie points??

madog69
05-09-2007, 04:03 PM
you call points against nashville freebie points??

i see we have another brainiac:D ... how do you think nashville does so well they play the same shitty teams.they are another team that the free points make them look better.and it showed in the first round

The Big K
05-09-2007, 04:05 PM
That's like saying the Jay's would thier division if the Red Sux and Spankies were not in it...lol

easy on my red sox, or ill send on oshawa girl after you!!:devil:

bobber_1077
05-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Buffalo over Detroit in 7, Buffalo will win on home ice, 3-2 Final

The Big K
05-09-2007, 04:13 PM
Sens over Ducks in 5 games...final score 3-1 sens

ballplaya1
05-09-2007, 05:07 PM
Ducks over Ottawa 5 games final score 2-1

Rusty Shackleford
05-09-2007, 06:23 PM
I'm hoping for Ottawa or Detriot to win.

sandrewb
05-09-2007, 06:23 PM
red wings over sens... in 6... final score.. 3-1 thumbs-yes

henkster
05-09-2007, 07:44 PM
they just signed 2 new russians eugeny summeroff and sergie teeoff.thumbs-yes

That's funny.

henkster
05-09-2007, 07:47 PM

I still don't think that the Jays would win.

snatchby
05-11-2007, 01:41 AM
wings in 5 over the sens 2-0 final score.

henkster
06-07-2007, 07:06 PM
Ducks over Ottawa 5 games final score 2-1

That was pretty close. The Ducks were better all the way around.

rooster_cogburn
06-08-2007, 08:46 AM
That was pretty close. The Ducks were better all the way around.

Yep unfortuinately they were out played almost all series (with the exception of a period here and there)... They had a good run though...

KMKjr
06-08-2007, 10:09 AM
Where's all the Sens fans now???

Bead, still crying?

That has to be the biggest sh!t the bed performace in the finals in a long time. Hottest team coming in and maybe played 3 good peroids in 5 games......hell, even the Leaves could have won one game :)

bigroddy
06-08-2007, 10:13 AM

Bead, still cry inig?

That has to be the biggest sh!t teh bed performace in the finals in a long time. Hottest team coming in and maybe played 3 good peroids in 5 games......hell, even the Leaves could have won one game :)

Haha...that might be pushing it...and I'm a leafs fan ;)

Nice to see the sens with their annual hands gripped firmly around their necks performance.

Has anyone seen Jason Spezza?

henkster
06-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Has anyone seen Jason Spezza?

I heard he was somewhere with Heatley.

The Big K
06-08-2007, 12:00 PM

Bead, still cry inig?

That has to be the biggest sh!t teh bed performace in the finals in a long time. Hottest team coming in and maybe played 3 good peroids in 5 games......hell, even the Leaves could have won one game :)

the grammar and spelling with this guy proves hes not a sens fan!

KMKjr
06-08-2007, 03:09 PM
the grammar and spelling with this guy proves hes not a sens fan!
Sorry, Ive been drinkin' and this laptop I keep hitting the wrong keys.....is there a way to turn off this mouse thing under the space bar.......lol

Since the Sens fans have lots of time working on grammer in the last few years, I'll have to agree

bead54
06-12-2007, 03:15 PM

Bead, still crying?

That has to be the biggest sh!t the bed performace in the finals in a long time. Hottest team coming in and maybe played 3 good peroids in 5 games......hell, even the Leaves could have won one game :)
After putting the rest of the Eastern conference to bed so quickly, the Sens got a little lazy in the finals. Too bad they blew the game 1 lead....would have made for a real interesting series.

KMKjr
06-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Shoulda, coulda, woulda.....

LOSERS!!!

tommyd34
06-12-2007, 11:12 PM
i say ducks in 5 he final score will be 6-2 did i win the 25 dollars lol