View Full Version : Anyone Hit the Akadema Xtension Catapult?

rooster_cogburn
04-27-2007, 11:59 AM
Just wondering if anyone has hit this bat yet and can anyone review it? Akadema makes a lot of products, some high end it seems just wondering if this is worth the $350 price tag?

vegas
04-27-2007, 12:37 PM
350 is pushing it
you should be able to find one 200-250

SCOTTY34
04-27-2007, 12:47 PM
The Catapult swings great!!! Very happy with it. I will have demos this weekend in Ottawa. Will also have gloves, batters gloves, shades, bags, and turfs on hand if interested.
I will be there before lunch for anyone who is interested in swinging the Catapult.

rooster_cogburn
04-27-2007, 12:50 PM
350 is pushing it
you should be able to find one 200-250

Ya I was looking at the retail price is.... I typically look at the company retail price and judge them based on that in terms of price. I know you can usually get them less but it determines how they fit in their own line low to high end.

rooster_cogburn
04-27-2007, 12:52 PM
The Catapult swings great!!! Very happy with it. I will have demos this weekend in Ottawa. Will also have gloves, batters gloves, shades, bags, and turfs on hand if interested.
I will be there before lunch for anyone who is interested in swinging the Catapult.

Hey Scotty if your going to be at the NSA Tourney then I'll see ya there. Wouldn't mind taking a look at what you got. Sounds like you'll have quite a bit of stuff there, you a rep for Akadema?

vegas
04-27-2007, 12:59 PM
When they first came out it was the bat to have. Then things got real quiet when all the new stuff from other manufacturers came out

rooster_cogburn
04-27-2007, 01:57 PM
When they first came out it was the bat to have. Then things got real quiet when all the new stuff from other manufacturers came out

Ya apparently.... The only reason I had even heard about this bat is I was looking at their website and it just caught my eye. Otherwise I wouldn't have known at all... I haven't heard anyone talking about this bat or anything...

The Kurly One
04-27-2007, 05:09 PM
very balanced bat, I have one but prefer more of an EL, $220 shipped....

numbah37
04-28-2007, 02:36 PM
very balanced bat, I have one but prefer more of an EL, $220 shipped....

I agree......very balanced.

capersaway
04-28-2007, 02:45 PM
I think it swings just like the Easton Extended.

The Kurly One
04-28-2007, 02:55 PM
I think it swings just like the Easton Extended.

I hated my Extended... The Catapult I kinda like but have no need for, unless Sport Rebels wants a full review done on one,( Start to Finish)....:D

SportRebel
04-28-2007, 05:25 PM
I encourage all the feedback we can get on any Akadema products. Since we launched in Canada this season we have had really positive results. Like any new product, the more exposure it gets the better. The Catapult has performed well and the break in time is much less than orginally expected. I would say it is by far the best balanced bat on the market!! And swings true to weight. Great pop and durability as well. It also has a full 12 month warranty!!

Signguy
04-28-2007, 05:30 PM
I have to disagree..not the best balanced bat...have you hit the AV yet?? the AV blows the catapult away...sorry to say

The Kurly One
04-28-2007, 05:35 PM
PM sent Sportrebel...

SportRebel
04-28-2007, 05:48 PM
I actually have hit the AV, its a great bat as well. Have you hit the Catapult? It really comes down to personal preference, this would be a debate that could go on forever!!!...LOL.
Cheers

Signguy
04-28-2007, 06:10 PM
LOL yes I did hit the catapult...and even thou they are made by the same technology I felt the AV was hotter..hence why I got rid of my catapult and went with the AV...so yes it is all personal preference..that goes for most bats

Icatchn
04-28-2007, 10:34 PM
hit the catapult today... actually not bad outta wrapper, but the AV is much hotter outta wrapper

SportRebel
04-30-2007, 11:59 PM
Just keep in mind that sometimes hotter out of the wrapper can also mean less durability. We have had zero issues with the Catapult no matter what the temp. has been. Its shaping up to be a great season for bat selection!! Full 12 month warranty

SCOTTY34
05-01-2007, 08:59 AM
A bunch of guys hit the Catapult this weekend in Ottawa. BP mostly in between games. I thought it was a great stick, needs more hits to really open up, but it was hitting well outta the wrap.
I used it in one of our games and had no problems putting the ball out of the diamond at 320 down the line. Should only get hotter in the future.....

Deuce
05-01-2007, 09:06 AM
I agree the bat was hot...still needs lots of hits on it to loosen up, but i am excited to use it this upcoming season. Here is where personal preference comes in...I sold my AV to get this bat. The only way to figure out what works best for you is give it a try! Sportsrebels/Akadema/Scotty34 have a winner here!!!

rooster_cogburn
05-01-2007, 11:09 AM
Just keep in mind that sometimes hotter out of the wrapper can also mean less durability. We have had zero issues with the Catapult no matter what the temp. has been. Its shaping up to be a great season for bat selection!! Full 12 month warranty

What is the lowest temp that this bat has been tested at? There are a large number of bats that a lot of people don't feel comfortable swining when it gets a little on the cool side. Any testing been done on this? How cold can it be swung at before the warranty gets voided? Just wondering if this can be swung in temps like a PST or if using it in cooler weather so far has been OK but isn't recommended.

Signguy
05-01-2007, 11:11 AM
I can get me a 150hit catapult for around $150.00shipped, was thinking of getting it to give it another go!!!

Deuce
05-01-2007, 11:16 AM
this bat is stiff at first, but it give it a chance you will like it...mine should be here soon, and i can't see myself swinging anything else in ASA play.

SportRebel
05-01-2007, 04:55 PM
The Catapult was tested in weather below 5 degrees and it has performed very well. The durability has been excellent and don't forget the 12 month warranty!! I would agree it is a little stiff out of the wrapper but after about 100 hits it really starts to come around. If your interested in trying one we will be posting on our SportRebels website tournaments and events we will have demos for use throught our dealers. Listings should be up over the next couple of days.
Cheers

The Kurly One
05-01-2007, 07:08 PM
We gave it a few a few cuts in cooler temps....

BIGLOU74
05-01-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm buyin one from capersaway,i can't wait to swing it!!!thumbs-yes

Signguy
05-01-2007, 10:48 PM
I'm buyin one from capersaway,i can't wait to swing it!!!thumbs-yes

Likely the one I sold him...funny how that trade worked out capers!!

ROBO19
05-02-2007, 10:35 AM
I traded my AV for the Catapult and found it stiff at first like all other composites. With the double wall composite technology I'm sure there wont be a durability issue. I've already heard a few AV's busting up after a couple hundred hits. Give Sport Rebels a call for Akadema Pro ball gear and great customer service.
Cheers,
Chris

SportRebel
05-03-2007, 04:21 PM
Akadema Catapult demos available this weekend at the Twin B's tournament in Brampton.

SHAAVED
05-03-2007, 06:01 PM
Scotty34 (Mark) will have one people can try in Oshawa this weekend aswell...playing the SS, look for team Fusion !!

Steve

SCOTTY34
05-03-2007, 06:34 PM
I'll have Akadema gear with me this weekend in Oshawa...........

Vale
05-03-2007, 09:10 PM
I'll have Akadema gear with me this weekend in Oshawa...........

mark if you want you can bring the Akadema gear to my tounry and I can setup a table for you aswell.... LMK!

SCOTTY34
05-04-2007, 07:14 AM
Thanks Mr. Vale I appriciate it, I will be in touch!!!!!

SportRebel
05-05-2007, 11:54 PM
Akadema now available at Sports Zone in Waterloo. Welcome to the Akadema family!!! A great store that realizes its time for a change and willing to promote a fantastic new product!!

SportRebel
05-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Catapult update. We have now sold several dozen of the Xension Cataplut bat and the feedback is amazing. A slight break in time, but it really opens up after that. We have not had any returns to date in Canada. If you haven't tried the Catapult watch for our event team at a slo-pitch tournament near you.

BIGLOU74
05-10-2007, 09:14 PM
I took mine out for some BP today,i couldn't swing it because i'm comin off hernia surgery but i had a couple buds puttin some swings on it for me.They put around 20 cuts on it,bat has a beautiful sound to it and hit some lazer line drives.I can't wait to swing it myself!!thumbs-yes

SportRebel
05-14-2007, 11:06 PM
The Akadema Catapult was a huge hit in Orangeville(SPN) this past weekend. 7 out of 27 teams were swinging it. Feedback has been excellent so far, great pop, great feel and not one return in Canada for 2007!!!!

BIGLOU74
05-23-2007, 08:35 PM
I put about 30 more swings on her today,the weather was around 10 celsius,the ball was flyin off it!i hit one easily 335 ft.She stings a bit when ya hit her on the end!!!lolI beginning to love this bat!!guys if you can find one pick it up for sure!!thumbs-yes

numbah37
05-31-2007, 03:40 PM
Took the plunge....I expect mine next week. 28oz......we'll see how it likes modified pitching with slightly harder balls.

numbah37
06-11-2007, 05:44 PM
The Akadema Catapult was a huge hit in Orangeville(SPN) this past weekend. 7 out of 27 teams were swinging it. Feedback has been excellent so far, great pop, great feel and not one return in Canada for 2007!!!!

Have any been turned back in yet for warranty? Just looking for a update is all. A few guys have been ripping the durability on SBFans is why I ask. I'm just a little nervous using mine for modified with .47/500 balls......

SportRebel
06-12-2007, 12:57 AM
We have only had one returned to us in Canada this season. Warranty was approved, so no issues to this point. The Catapult has been super druable so far to date, and super hot!!! Again, its the "hidden gem" in Slo-Pitch this season. If your in Milton this weekend, come see us and try some demos!! It would be good to finally meet some board members.
Cheers

number32
06-12-2007, 01:17 AM
i liked it... see,ed to be a decent asa stick.

The Kurly One
06-12-2007, 07:14 AM
They should honor all bats with warranty seeing as they just came out in November....

numbah37
06-13-2007, 12:29 PM
They should honor all bats with warranty seeing as they just came out in November....

I would think that should go without question.

Mine just arrived today.....I'll be testing it out tonight.